E-stand WP up for discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm putting this e-stand WP up for discussion as IMO it's been boosted with fake award entries.

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s....php?t=1013874

Firstly, as the book clearly shows, the guy first came to Norway 5 months after the end of the fighting in 1940, secondly his unit wasn't involved in the Narvik operation, not even close.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Relevant photos of the book
    Attached Files
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

more photos
      Attached Files

Comment

I see what you mean

the guy did not participate in the fighting in April 1940
        Last edited by naxos; 08-21-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I believe Simon is correct.
          Jeff

Comment

The 98k entry looks to be in the same handwriting as the awards. Given that this unit was not involved in the fighting I do not know of any other possibility of him being awarded the shield. It is also missing the stamp.

Comment

The faker tried to copy the signature from the previous page it seems.
              I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
              My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Hi All

I appreciate the feedback in this thread. I come to the same conclusion as Simon and you guys after having re-studied the WP entries. The Narvikschild entry does not comply with his service time in Norway and the unit he was there with. The dates are wrong, his RAD service does not mention Norway and Pionier-Kompanie 169 was not in the Narvik area. I will conclude that it was entered post war. And since the EKII was entered with the same writing, I assume that one was also entered post war.

I informed the buyer immediately after Simon initiated this thread and we agreed to cancel the deal.
                Also, I’m working out a reimbursement with the forum member I bought the WP from.

FYI a scan of his RAD service time. It is a nice WP but what a shame that some one messed with it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

His RAD service confirms he wasn't even in the Wehrmacht or Norway during the Norwegian campaign. Hopefully you will be able to return it to the original seller.

Comment

Faker's signature on the award page really well done.... Good enough to fool even an experienced collector, especially when you find such a document early in the morning on a crowded militaria fair stand...

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel H. View Post
                      Faker's signature on the award page really well done.... Good enough to fool even an experienced collector, especially when you find such a document early in the morning on a crowded militaria fair stand...

Indeed and it was the signature I got fooled by. But when looking at everything from a different angle then there’s no longer doubt that the awards were entered post war..

Comment

Good catch Simon. I'll take a guess that those faked entries were likely done this year. Perhaps even within the last few weeks for a fast sale. Would be interesting to know from whom the dealer got it.

Similar style of forged signature work from an older thread of a group that was up on another dealers website.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1006114

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
                          Good catch Simon. I'll take a guess that those faked entries were likely done this year. Perhaps even within the last few weeks for a fast sale. Would be interesting to know from whom the dealer got it.

Similar style of forged signature work from an older thread of a group that was up on another dealers website.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1006114

I can inform that the WP has been in my possession since April this year and as I’m currently working out a return on it, I don’t see a reason to out the guy I got it from.

Comment

Thanks for the info. That's a shame. It's not about "outing the guy". Sellers should stand behind there items with a full refund if found otherwise regardless if they were asked where the passbook came from. It's called honesty and transparency. Something this hobby has always been woefully lacking in.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
                              Thanks for the info. That's a shame. It's not about "outing the guy". Sellers should stand behind there items with a full refund if found otherwise regardless if they were asked where the passbook came from. It's called honesty and transparency. Something this hobby has always been woefully lacking in.

I couldn’t agree more.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X