Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog tag help

Hello gentlemen
    Never owned any dogtags up until now, these are a few of many that came in a lot of other items. I know nothing about them. The other dozen or so I have I think are no good but thought I'd post these few for opinions

Thanks in advance
    Mike
    Attached Files

weird and obscure enough to be good!

All together with fakes? Can you post some photos of them?

Comment

Here are some more photos of some of the other tags ,
      I would be surprised if the first three in this photo are good, LAH, SS, Wiking
      A few of these others might be ok, the broken LW tag looks like it's stamped something different on the backside. Reused?? A few of the others in there are unreadable, and then there is the tag that has some type of unit symbol towards the top of the tag in the last photo. I'm not calling them out guilty by association. There is good mixed in with bad in instances of groups of items, just hoping to weed the good from the bad out of this group
      Any help would be appreciated
      Thank you
      Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

Mike , the Wik and D tags are no good.. I've never seen a SS Felasa but not really liking the fonts...
        The reused tag is fine and the Luft is probably good...

On real dark tags you can't read a bit of powder might help to read them and comes off easy.. thanks for showing them..,G.

Comment

Hello Gaspare
          So you think the first ones I posted were ok? Did a little research on them, one is an Estonian volunteer and another is an OST tag? Correct me if I'm wrong please. I saw a few Estonian tags very similar to mine for sale
          The second group I showed, the Luft tag is the same as the reissued one, just flipped over to show the other side.
          Any ideas on the tag in the second group that has an emblem or insignia on top part of tag between the holes?
          Or the O. KDTR tag
          I also have probably 5 or 6 stainless tags that are a little worn but unissued/not stamped. Is that common to find them?
          Sorry for all the questions
          Thanks again
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by waffendude View Post
            Any ideas on the tag in the second group that has an emblem or insignia on top part of tag between the holes?

I also have probably 5 or 6 stainless tags that are a little worn but unissued/not stamped. Is that common to find them?

Mike
            Are you referring to the Russ Btl 427 (I guess this may be Ost Bataillon 427) this one appears to have FR for Freiwilliger, volunteer stampted between the holes.

And yes stainless steel ekm are not rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon H View Post
              Are you referring to the Russ Btl 427 (I guess this may be Ost Bataillon 427) this one appears to have FR for Freiwilliger, volunteer stampted between the holes.

And yes stainless steel ekm are not rare.
              Hi Simon
              The Russ marked tag is the one I referred to as "OST"
              Which tag do you see "FR"?

The tag with the insignia I was curious about is attatched below, Ive circled the insignia.

Thank you
              Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by waffendude View Post
                Hi Simon
                The Russ marked tag is the one I referred to as "OST"
                Which tag do you see "FR"?

The tag with the insignia I was curious about is attatched below, Ive circled the insignia.

Thank you
                Mike
                Hi Mike,
                I thought I could make out the letters FR on the top of the Ost ekm but just had a close look and I think its probably just an odd mark.

The "insignia" you circled I've no idea I'm afraid.

Comment

Yes I think for the most part the tags are good not including the obvious bad few SS.

,yeah don't know what that is circled in post 7.. Difficult to see on our monitors..

Maybe cleaning them up a bit.. A good brush off with a stiff natural brush.
                  I've heard [but have not used] , of guys using a effervescence [?] type cleaning such as a 'Polydent' tablet cleaning where you just place the tag in water with tablet and wait a bit then rinse...
                  I use a bit of dishwashing soap and warm water to clean off especially on recent ground dug tags when I first got them.... A 3M type 'Green Pad also works.. You could then try the powder trick to bring out what is hard to see as its easy to rinse off....,G

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X