HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fallschirmjaeger Regiment 25 grouping, need your opinions !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely, that signature could forged. Creating fantasy groups that sell for thousands of Euro’s on the collecting market is just as lucrative today as it was when Konrad Kujau was passing off fake documents to Third Reich personalities decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
      Absolutely, that signature could forged. Creating fantasy groups that sell for thousands of Euro’s on the collecting market is just as lucrative today as it was when Konrad Kujau was passing off fake documents to Third Reich personalities decades ago.

I hear you!
      Personally I would not be comfortable with this group - like I said, there are too many irregularities - However, I did not wanted to dismiss the docs entirely without subjecting them to more scrutiny.

Comment

As I was viewing the documents my first thoughts were that I didn't like the paper, the folds, and the contrived aging. Then it continued to go downhill after that.

It is getting tough out there...
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Having the same stamp all over the papers was the first thing in noticed as well and it was a massive red flag to me. But assuming the documents are fake, I think we all agree they are well made by someone who knows his questionable job. Don't you think such a professional faker would avoid such a beginner's mistake?

Also, I agree with naxos´ opinion on the Soldbuch. It seems genuine, but could well be upgraded. The POW paper appears to be original as well.
          I could imagine a fake set of documents has been built around a good, but rather standard Soldbuch.

Best,

Matthias

Comment

Matthias, a fake does not have to be close to perfect to sell to many, if not most, collectors. IMO.

I think the Soldbuch is fake as well. It has that same contrived aging. It is easy to add a photo and age the staples, and fill it out. The signature on the photo and the first page are not a match.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Try not to look at it as the mistake of a beginner, but more of one from a forgers perspective. In other words making the implausible appear plausible. There is a bit of psychology to it.

Comment

one example
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm guessing these are supposed to be Schacht's signatures? I don't think they are the same when comparing the book above and the group as a whole. Is there any chance you can make out the FP number in the book?

I guess the big question is... how can he be the regimental commander in December 1944 and then Regiment-Fuehrer in February 1945? It seems possible but not plausible. Perhaps someone with a better sense of his career can tell us?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Maybe I am missing something important here, but aren´t "Regimentskommandeur" and "Regimentsführer" just two different words to describe the same position? Commander and leader... isn´t that pretty much identical?

Comment

Originally posted by matthias_AC View Post
                      Maybe I am missing something important here, but aren´t "Regimentskommandeur" and "Regimentsführer" just two different words to describe the same position? Commander and leader... isn´t that pretty much identical?

A "Regimentsführer" is in charge of the Regiment during the times a a designated "Regimentskommandeur" is not available. They may be identical in duties but not in rank.

Comment

Originally posted by matthias_AC View Post
                        My understanding is that a "fuehrer" is a temporary position, before the position becomes permanent. So, the responsibilities are the same, but the position is actually different. A good example is when an Oberst in charge of a division is typically a "fuehrer" and is made divisionkommandeur once he is promoted to Generalmajor and made officially in charge of the position.

In this case, we have documents that go from kommandeur to fuehrer to kommandeur. That's a red flag for me, and I still don't think the signatures match.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, guys! Makes perfect sense and under these circumstances I agree with Brian, it indeed is a red flag.

Comment

Furthermore, during March/April 1945 Oberfähnrich (not Leutnant) Freysinger was Kompanieführer of 4./Fsch.Jg.Rgt. zbV (25) - and used a stamp with a different FPN than the one shown in the Merx Soldbuch.

I edited my post because I wonder how may forgers are looking at our posts for pointers to improve their forgeries? I think I will be more careful posting certain images in the future.
                            Last edited by naxos; 06-17-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

This from Haus der Hanswurst...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
                                Furthermore, during March/April 1945 Oberfähnrich Freysinger was Kompanieführer of 4./Fsch.Jg.Rgt. zbV (25) - and used a stamp with a different FPN.

I edited my post because I wonder how may forgers are looking at our posts for pointers to improve their forgeries? I think I will be more careful posting certain images in the future.
                                Naxos, very good point.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X