• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch Grenadier 338 Infanterie-Division Lyon MP43

Hi,
    Any help with my new soldbuch?
    I am a novice. Thanks a lot!

Nice Soldbuch! The EK II and strumtage share an interesting connection for actions around Marseille during Operation Dragoon.

Comment

Hello !

The strange thing : I cannot see anything !
      Another occurance of Forum problems ?

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Archi, not certain, but the issue might be due to his using an outside photo downloader called NoelShack.

Comment

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...onen/338ID.htm

Comment

Maybe he was captured (or killed?) as there is no 1 Sept 44 security check.
            Jeff

Comment

Maybe but i can't read his name.

Comment

Hello

Interesting.
                This soldier was certainly one of the few of 338.ID who was kept in Marseille Festung and surronded here.
                The EK 2 is accorded on 28 august, the day where Marseille surrendered. The mention says ..."wegen Enschliessung"...
                Many documents of 244.ID have the same mention.
                IMO, the allocation of a MP 43 on 28 august raises question.
                Last edited by Luft 76; 03-02-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arroyo View Post
                  Maybe but i can't read his name.

Emil MITZEL born in Lichtental.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel H. View Post
                    Emil MITZEL born in Lichtental.
                    Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
                      Nice Soldbuch! The EK II and strumtage share an interesting connection for actions around Marseille during Operation Dragoon.
                      What could be the real rating of this soldbuch on the market?

Comment

Hi there,
                        I'm new here, collecting informations about the german troops who fought in southern France. This soldbuch is of high interest to me, because it could help to identify one unit that was trapped in Marseille. In August 1944, 338 infanterie division sent two battalions to reinforce the 244 division. One of these was from the 189 reserve division, the reserve grenadier btn 461 and was almost wiped out during the battle for Aubagne. The second one was deployed in the northern sector and was annihilated there, near Feste Foresta. It could be the unit which Emil belonged to. Unfortunately I can't read the unit number. Is there any way to have some help from you guys?
                        Thanks and take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebedo View Post
                          Hi there,
                          I'm new here, collecting informations about the german troops who fought in southern France. This soldbuch is of high interest to me, because it could help to identify one unit that was trapped in Marseille. In August 1944, 338 infanterie division sent two battalions to reinforce the 244 division. One of these was from the 189 reserve division, the reserve grenadier btn 461 and was almost wiped out during the battle for Aubagne. The second one was deployed in the northern sector and was annihilated there, near Feste Foresta. It could be the unit which Emil belonged to. Unfortunately I can't read the unit number. Is there any way to have some help from you guys?
                          Thanks and take care.
                          this Solbuch is sold

Comment

The most relaxing point and mention in this booklet is the possession of MP43 in a unit based in the south of France.

Armament that we all know is more used by units in the north of France more near to England. and by more fighting, seasoned, experienced units.

Comment

Thanks, I thought it was sold. The thing is that I just wanted to know the unit. I checked 338 division, and the two units I can't find are the I/GR 757 and the FEB 338. While there is no trace of I/757 later in the month or in the year, FEB 338 took part in the fighting against the French in October. What is confusing is that General Schaeffer rates the two battalions as poor ones, only able to carry training duties. And we know that the one involved in the battle for Aubagne was not a FEB, but a resrve gren. Btn.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X