No announcement yet.

Small group to a brave Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally his last promotion, the end of a successfully career, from the ranks to officer and by the hard way.

Also comes a data file with all his promotions and awards, but it was the same info as shown in his Wehrpass and Soldbuch previously seen.

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Nice that it is all together again.....what I liked about the request for the CCC, is that is says for 15 months participation in the Russian campaign.....never seen that anywhere else!

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Ian, it was a good thing that you did in selling the items to Angel. I salute you.
        When you go home
        Tell them for us and say
        For your tomorrow
        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison
          Nice that it is all together again.....what I liked about the request for the CCC, is that is says for 15 months participation in the Russian campaign.....never seen that anywhere else!

/Ian
          And the clerck decided to not leaving anything loose and added the 15 days in the back, till now always I have seen just list of days, never a notation like these, I think this was done due his post to an Officer School and he was given all details and awards as posible, I have seen this also in other cases when soldiers received medals after finding that they meet all requisites when prepairing their curriculums to be accepted as NCO or Officers candidates.

Angel
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Angel
            Congratulations to this new addition to your collection, even better that you have manage to round the group off, from the items from Ian.

Ian, as per the comments Walter made, hats off to you sir
            Regards
            Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Following my research into my pieces for some facts and signatures I found in this Soldbuch several times in which a RK träger signed.

Oberst Albert Brux November 11th, 1.907 - December 16th, 2.001
              RK on September 12th, 1.941 as Hauptmann and commander of I./Schützen Regiment 66
              DKiG on January 23rd, 1.943 as Major and commander of Kradschützen Battalion 43
              EL (504) on June 24th, 1.944 as Oberst and commander of Panzergrenadier Regiment 40

We can see his signature on page 2, opening of the Soldbuch, page 3, confirmation of promotion to Oberfeldwebel, page 22, confirmation of Pnzerkampfabzeichen and rumanian medal plus (not shown here) on page 23, first 3 leaves.

Cheers

Angel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X