Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on Soldbuch entry

Hi,

I'm having difficulties reading below Soldbuch entry - can anybody read it?

Thanks!

IMG_3421.jpg

Any ideas on the stamp? To me it looks like Ers. .... Pi. Girf. Dienst. ...

Comment

A very young or very old Soldier I guess ??

Not easy to read, indeed, here is a part of it :

"Am 21.4.45 in Glatz Wehrmacht, Personnalstab........, am 22/4 weitergeleitet im Marsch..... 107. Friedak (??), i.V. (Name) Oberleutnant".

You could perhaps scan it again, a more sharp one, and then darken the scan, it sometimes make the deciphering easier. L.

Comment

addition - I read

"...in Glatz Wehrmachtssammelstelle gemeldet ...weiter geleite an Marschkomp.(anie) 107.."

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

He was fairly old when he was drafted into the army (born in 1906 and drafted in 1943). Here some more images from his SB. I'm trying to find out how he ended up getting wounded by shots in Feb. 1945.

How can you tell from the below that he was either very young or very old?
          Originally posted by Lionel H. View Post
          A very young or very old Soldier I guess ??

Not easy to read, indeed, here is a part of it :

"Am 21.4.45 in Glatz Wehrmacht, Personnalstab........, am 22/4 weitergeleitet im Marsch..... 107. Friedak (??), i.V. (Name) Oberleutnant".

You could perhaps scan it again, a more sharp one, and then darken the scan, it sometimes make the deciphering easier. L.
          Photos:

IMG_3590.jpg
          IMG_1384.jpg
          IMG_3596.jpg
          IMG_3592.jpg

Comment

Can you help me with finding out where (which unit) he got wounded by bullets? From what I read he served in Denmark and Norway (by the unit entries).

Comment

Hello !

Which entry points to Norway ?!

In addition to what Lionel and Gerdan deciphered (I also think it is: Sammelstelle),
              the location could be Friedek (Friedeck-Mistek, S of Ostrau/Ostrava).

The stamp : ... Strf. Dienst ... (=Streifen-Dienst ?! ...)

The VWA entry in March was made by Kranken-Transportabteilung 790 (active with HGr. Mitte
              in Schlesien and Böhmen (Tessin)).

With which unit he was wounded, will be difficult to say anyway, but even more so,
              if the corresponding hospital entry is not shown .

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Thank you for your information Archi. I checked again and it appears I mixed the Norway entry with a different Soldbuch of mine.

It appears his last unit wasn't entered in the SB but I read that Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung 20 was replenishment unit to Nachrichten-Regiment 4 and 1 amongst a few others.
                Nachrichten-Regiment 4 and 1 were under 4. Panzerarmee which was under Heeresgruppe Mitte. Maybe he went from Silkeborg back to his Ersatz unit in Hamburg and then to a new field unit being eg. Nachrichten-Regiment 4?

The Streifen-Dienst is interesting - desertion or disciplinary issues maybe?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X