Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with weapons entry in SB

Hi all,

I'm not a SB collector but a pistol colelctor. I collect sometimes SB's when there are interesting weapon entries.

But i can't make out this one. The text i underlined in red is something about the ownership being proofed by some paperwork but i can't read it. Who can?

Also, the 2 pistol types encircled in read are difficult for me to read. Can anyone read this?

Thanks in advance !
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Kris View Post
    The text i underlined in red is something about the ownership being proofed by some paperwork but i can't read it. Who can?
    Der Besitz ist durch Vorlage einer eidesstattlichen Erklärung nachgewiesen.

Comment

very nice Norvegian Kongsberg Colt entry!!!

Comment

Indeed and i think the serial number puts the production year at 1924 or 1925.

I believe you can even research the weapon via Kongsbergs archives.

Is this SB to a soldier stationed in Norway?

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
        very nice Norvegian Kongsberg Colt entry!!!
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks guys. Indeed i primary bought it for the Kongberg entry :-)
          He didn't hold it for a long time it seems, only a few days.

I wonder about the 2 others i can't read

Comment

Here's some more. He had a few watches issued too it seems.

There's an ARSA dienstuhr with serial D5833 and a Record Watch Co. with serial 492708.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more scans.
              From what i can read and find Josef Klau was an Oberzahlmeister (last rank) in various support/logistics units. His units saw action in France, Russia (or Lapland?) and Norway. He was a prisoner in Norway until the summer of 1946.

The serial number of the Kongsberg Colt refers indeed to an earlier production.

Thanks for all other observations that might be interesting.
              Attached Files

Comment

Klau was born in 1905 in München and married to Ilse.
                Can't decypher all his units.
                So far i have :

SB opened at the Landesschutzen Battalion 7; 3rd kompanie.
                3. / Landesschutzen Battalion 501
                Then he became Kriegsverwaltungsinspektor in an unreadable unit.
                Zahlmeister in verpflegungsamt 477 and later Oberzahlmeister.
                Then 'ubernahme T.S.D.' to armee verpflegungsamt 678 (this unit was in norway).
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Kris; 07-14-2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Klau received the Eastern front medal while with Verpflegungsamt 477 and the KVK II with swords while with Armee-Verpflegungsamt 678.

There are lots of payment entries from his prison time and some loose papers concerning packets he mailed or received with food rations.

The SB was closed on 10/07/1945 by the Oberstabsintendant of FPnbr. 39424, Armee-Verpflegungsamt 678.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Other stamps in the SB are :
                    Ersatz-Verpflegungs-Magazin München I where he received payments.
                    Ortskommandatur 557 for a payment on 18/12/1941, Norway.
                    He also received equipment in Stalag 18B (Spittal/Drau) on 20/11/1941.

Comment

Nice book, as you can see from the KVKII entry AVA 678 was under the XIX Gebirgs Korps on the Murmansk front (AKA Litsa front), also where the photo was taken, it remained so until the end of the war , by then XIX Geb.Korps had been renamed to Armee Abteilung Narvik. The unit was stationed at Skjold in the county of Troms, North Norway, today it's a Norwegian army garrison town.

The date of his getting the Colt, which seems to be 1.Nov.44 could well be related with the withdrawal from Russia, Finland, Finnmark. By that date they had broken contact with the Soviet forces and things started to calm down a bit so he may have lost his weapon during oct.44 and the initial hasty retreat.

By the way he also qualified for the Lapplandschild

Incidently, he was never a POW and was never 'in prison' or a POW camp. That's why you see pay carrying on amongst other things.
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                        Nice book, as you can see from the KVKII entry AVA 678 was under the XIX Gebirgs Korps on the Murmansk front (AKA Litsa front), also where the photo was taken, it remained so until the end of the war , by then XIX Geb.Korps had been renamed to Armee Abteilung Narvik. The unit was stationed at Skjold in the county of Troms, North Norway, today it's a Norwegian army garrison town.

The date of his getting the Colt, which seems to be 1.Nov.44 could well be related with the withdrawal from Russia, Finland, Finnmark. By that date they had broken contact with the Soviet forces and things started to calm down a bit so he may have lost his weapon during oct.44 and the initial hasty retreat.

By the way he also qualified for the Lapplandschild

Incidently, he was never a POW and was never 'in prison' or a POW camp. That's why you see pay carrying on amongst other things.
                        Thank you Simon i appreciate your input.
                        Do i read correctly the Colt was again written out on 5.Nov.44?

You write no pow or prisoner so they continued to work and got payed? They had some kind of freedom then?

Comment

Seems like it. Perhaps needed for combat troops that had lost a lot of equipment.

Yes, they had a lot of freedom. I've written about the curious situation in Norway after the surrender many times here. Not only pay, but promotions and awards continued. Basically normal German military administration and discipline continued as before with some modifications. They were also entitled to keep 3% of their rifles per 'reservation' and officers could keep their side arms initially.

Comment

Thank you Simon, i appreciate your patience. This is all relatively new to me.
                            Or maybe he was given the Colt for a certain mission or posting and had to return it afterwards. As a paymaster and logistics guy he probably wasn't in the front line altough you never know. He also had his personal 6,35mm pistol that was never barred or written out of the SB.

Comment

Oh he was never in the frontline, that's for sure. However he may well have experienced air attacks from Soviet ground attack aircraft.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X