Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GD dog tag authentic?

Hi Folks

I brought this off the forum and I have some concerns. But the seller refuse to take it back.

I compare it to several other dog tags I owned and the GD books by Scott. This one has a shiny material like steel, not quite aluminum.

The edge of the disk feel not really smooth. The fonts are not typical as the others, the tight string is a thick new polyester, everything just seems off to me.

Please give me your expert opinion. thanks in advance!

photo

Attached Files

Comment

front

Attached Files

Comment

back

Attached Files

Comment

Difficult

Hallo,

Erkennungsmarken are very difficult. I have been " burned " several times.
          This one seems to be OK, because ;
          . the unit excisted. It was created in early 1942.
          . the "Blutgruppe" is convincing, but is struck in the same type of letter as the main text. It is better in a different type of letter and struck in a different depth as the main text, because this would have been done by a different person and in another time.
          . the Stammrollennummer is correctly done. It is in a correct place.
          . the edges of the Trennschlitzen are not rounded
          . the font and material seem OK to me.

BUt GD Erkennungsmarken are faked often and fakers have learned a lot from good references like the books from Scott P.
          Personally I am almost never 100 % convinced that GD EM are original.
          IMO this EM has a good chance for being original.

Regards,
          Thierry

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
            My other main concern was it's shiny and bright like it just came out of a work shop.

Comment

Hello Bayern,
              I have had several good GD dogtags from different formations of the unit. In my opinion, your dogtag has a good chance at being original. I had one for the same unit, which I am posting. When you compare the font of the letters and number s and the manner of stamping, they are very similar and consistent. I cannot comment on the neck cord, but if it is polyester and not a cotton, I would not want it with the dogtag.
              As for the seller who would not take the dogtag back, that is against the Forum policy and bad form.
              Thank you,
              Curtiss
              Attached Files

Comment

IMO this tag looks ok

Comment

Dave,

Although I'm no subject matter expert on these, I like it and it appears to be a very nice period example.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
                    Hi Folks

I brought this off the forum and I have some concerns. But the seller refuse to take it back.
                    If you informed the seller you wanted to return it (for any reason) within 7 days of receiving it he has to take it back per the estand rules, full stop

Comment

A good one for me !
                      Which "concerns" do you have ?
                      Nick

Comment

looks nice..but I don't know. need an 100% original ekm of 3 kompanie of this unit as example...

Comment

Please remove

Comment

Remove please

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X