Fallschirmjager Soldbuch help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
    He was Luftnachrichten Abteilung 41 of XI Fliegerkorps, reformed 5.11.43-1.4.44 in Nancy as Fallschirm-Armee-Nachrichten Regiment 1 later renamed Fallschirm-Armee-Nachrichten Regiment 21 of the 1. Fallschirm-Armee.

Initially, the 1.Fallschirm-Amree was used as a training command attached to Heeresgruppe D in France. When the allies landed in France in June of 1944, the Armee came under the direct control of OKW, while continuing its training duties. The Amree went into combat for the first time on the 4th of September, 1944, at the Lower Rhein while attached to Heeresgruppe B.

However your guy appears to have been wounded on or around 17.6.1944!

The EK II is dubious......

Luftwaffe special forces parachute trained commandos of II./KG 200 were an arm of the Fallschirmjäger parachute forces and were listed on II./KG 200's ORBAT as the 3rd Staffel. In September 1944, this Staffel was no longer under the command of KG 200, but under the Army Paratroopers' command as Bataillon Schäfer.

/Ian
    Yes, no problem for me about the above mentioned units. But the last unit mentioned in the Soldbuch (FJR57) is rather odd.

The guy was ospitalized at least twice, the last time for a war wound at the war nearly ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Luke View Post
      A really interesting soldbuch, I like it.

The EK might have been entered by the soldier himself, otherwise why mess it up with just an EK II award.

The RVH after the 57 might be something to explore.
      I agree about the EKII. The entry has been added for sure. Note the picture with the old man: the paratrooper is wearing the jump and the wound badges but not the EKII, altough that decoration was supposely awarded the same day of the wound badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
        He was Luftnachrichten Abteilung 41 of XI Fliegerkorps, reformed 5.11.43-1.4.44 in Nancy as Fallschirm-Armee-Nachrichten Regiment 1 later renamed Fallschirm-Armee-Nachrichten Regiment 21 of the 1. Fallschirm-Armee.

Initially, the 1.Fallschirm-Amree was used as a training command attached to Heeresgruppe D in France. When the allies landed in France in June of 1944, the Armee came under the direct control of OKW, while continuing its training duties. The Amree went into combat for the first time on the 4th of September, 1944, at the Lower Rhein while attached to Heeresgruppe B.

However your guy appears to have been wounded on or around 17.6.1944!

The EK II is dubious......

Luftwaffe special forces parachute trained commandos of II./KG 200 were an arm of the Fallschirmjäger parachute forces and were listed on II./KG 200's ORBAT as the 3rd Staffel. In September 1944, this Staffel was no longer under the command of KG 200, but under the Army Paratroopers' command as Bataillon Schäfer.

/Ian
        Hi ,
        Ian thanks for the input,
        so he was injured before the unit went into combat by enemy action? any ideas as to why he was flying personnel?
        what were 2/KG200 doing at that time.
        As he was already a flying personnel at the time KG200 formed and para trained perhaps he was one of the initial members .He was with them in 8/44 date is very faint so before they became under the army so perhaps he was a special forces trained commando?
        I find it rather odd that theres no 57 when theres 58 and 59.
        there are no combat photos with it and he seems to have seen combat pherhaps didn't have time to take them.
        Last edited by merdock; 05-18-2016, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Hi,
          Iv'e found fj 57 it appears to be a jub regiment of F.v.d.Heydte.
          Mark
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
            Has anybody been able to find any info on the 57 unit ,as to the EKII perhaps he hasn't put the ribbon on the jacket? like Lee says why bugger it up with just a EKII.
            Any more help is much appreciated.
            Mark

Comment

Enough fools in the world to **** it up with a simple EKII entry.
              I would expect a soldier to be proud of an EKII medal and wear it as soon as possible.
              I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
              My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X