Ehrentafel der Deutschen Kriegsmarine. 5.9.1943

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehrentafel der Deutschen Kriegsmarine. 5.9.1943

Here's something you don't see very often unlike the Army/SS and Luftwaffe equivalent!

I didn't realise but the Kriegsmarine published theirs on a monthly basis unlike others which were every fortnight.

/Ian
    Attached Files
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Attached Files
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

There's some interesting names in there. Until a few months ago i had a promotion doc to Hermann Alberts and the Sensenhauser DKiG is particularly interesting, he was a coastal artillery battery commander up on the North Finnish coast where the German and Soviet coastal batteries engaged in daily artillery duels. The highest award to a member of the marineartillerie in Norway\Finland.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Ian,
        Many where published with the Marineverordnungsblatt, so I have a few.
        Jeff

Comment

Very interesting item. I (personally) find it sort of interesting that the names seem to be listed with no particular order. Neither by command, name, or rank. Just seemingly random...

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

interesting documents!

Comment

Interesting Indeed!

Gentlemen,

Thank you for showing these interesting document lists of these RK and DKiG holders of the Kriegsmarine of 1943. Some of the DKiG holders on those lists would win Knight's Cross later on. Walter-Erich Schneider was one of them that was also a Knight's Cross holder later on.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X