Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want more informations about this Soldier

Hello everyone!
    I have this Wehrpass for some time and I am looking for more informations about this soldier. I don't speak German so I do not really understand what is written inside. However, I know his name is Borstelmann Hinrich and he was born in Moorburg in Germany on December 9, 1893. I also these 3 documents that were inside the Wehrpass. Could someone help me translate what is written inside and find a lot more informations about him?

Thank you all for your help!

Your man was a WWI veteran who served with Inf.Rgt.76 from 1913 to 1918 but did not see any military service in WWII.

Comment

Mr. Borstelmanns last rank was Gefreiter and he was severely wounded in early 1918, I looked him up in the german WWI casualty register. Are there any entries on pages 22/23 and 38? His medals should be listed there. He was at least entitled to a Hindenburg Cross for Combatants and a Black Wound Badge!!
      The first document is a notification of his deferrement from military service because of his profession. The second one is a notification, that his Wehrpass was updated. The third one, from 23.04.1937 notifies him of being a Landwehr I (trained Reservist above the age of 35) reservist an liable for call up, if neccessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert View Post
        Mr. Borstelmanns last rank was Gefreiter and he was severely wounded in early 1918, I looked him up in the german WWI casualty register. Are there any entries on pages 22/23 and 38? His medals should be listed there. He was at least entitled to a Hindenburg Cross for Combatants and a Black Wound Badge!!
        The first document is a notification of his deferrement from military service because of his profession. The second one is a notification, that his Wehrpass was updated. The third one, from 23.04.1937 notifies him of being a Landwehr I (trained Reservist above the age of 35) reservist an liable for call up, if neccessary.
        Thank You! Can you give me the website of german WWI casualty register? Unfortunately there is nothing in the pages 22/23 and 38. I really want to find a lot more informations about him, but it's very difficult ....

Comment

Up

Comment

Hello,
            hereĀ“s the link: http://des.genealogy.net/eingabe-verlustlisten/search
            This is the entry about Mr Borstelmann:
            http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/8073824

Unfortunately, finding any more Information is quite unlikely. Maybe anyone else owns his WWI Militaerpass?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X