Wehrpaß -Translation needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrpaß -Translation needed

Hi can anyone translate this? It's concerning a guy from the 132 Flak regiment, part of the 14th Flak division. I think its relating to his death from being caught in an Air-raid, but not sure. Also whats the second date 41 or 42 ?
    Any help appreciated.
    cheers
    Ash
    [ATTACH]3459276[/ATTACH]

Looks like '42. Otherwise, it describes his unit's campaign service as "Verteigiung der Bodenorganisation, Marinestuetzpunkte u(nd) milit(aerische) Anlagen im bes(etzten) Gebiet (Nordfr(ankreich) gegen engl(ische) Angriffe' or"defense of ground personnel, naval bases and military facilities in the occupied area (Northern France) against English attacks."
    Last edited by paulj; 02-05-2016, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Ash,

Flakregiment 132
      Verteidigung der Bodenorganisation,
      Marinestützpunkte u[nd] milit[ärischen]
      Anlagen im bes[etzten] Gebiet (Nordfr[ankreich])
      gegen engl[ische] Angriffe
      15.3.41 bis 17.6.42

Uwe

Comment

trans

Flakregiment 132 Verteidigung der Bodenorganisation Marinestuetzpunkte u(nd) milit(aerische) Anlagen im bes(tetzem) Gebiet Nordfr(ankreich) gegen engl(ische) Angriffe. No reference to what happened to the soldier.

Comment

Many Thanks. I was way off the mark with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
            Flakregiment 132 Verteidigung der Bodenorganisation Marinestuetzpunkte u(nd) milit(aerische) Anlagen im bes(tetzem) Gebiet Nordfr(ankreich) gegen engl(ische) Angriffe. No reference to what happened to the soldier.
            Can somebody please explain the word bes(tetzem) ?

I've looked and can't translate this word. Could it not be bes(atzung) meaning garrison or crew. which would make sense ?

Yes there is further reference to him. I think he met his end on 20-6-42 I can't make out this entry other than Tod (death) I'm sure someone will help me with this further.
            Cheers
            Ash
            IMG_3480.jpg

Comment

Death through drowning. On home leave.

/Ian
              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by gennki View Post
                Can somebody please explain the word bes(tetzem) ?

I've looked and can't translate this word. Could it not be bes(atzung) meaning garrison or crew. which would make sense ?
                [ATTACH]3460095[/ATTACH]
                It's Bes(etzungs) Gebiet Nordfr.(ankreich) - Occupied Territory North France

/Ian
                Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Many thanks to Ian for clarifying the word Bes(etzungs)
                  I've made a note incase it ever comes up again. Thanks also for the info on his death.

Not many entries in this wehrpaß as his life was cut short. His name was Konstantin Scháffeler , joined in Ravensburg Oct 1940 after some R.A.D service, promoted to Gefreiter Nov 41, no award entries. Here is his portrait.
                  IMG_3481.jpg

Thanks to all that helped me.

Ash

Comment

Hi Ash,

"Can somebody please explain the word bes(tetzem) ?"

Could you not read my comment in Post 3, where you can see the correct transliteration?

Uwe

Comment

Hi Uwe
                      Yes indeed you were correct, apologies. I was fixed on the spelling in post 4.

Thanks
                      Ash

Comment

The correct writing is "Besatzungs Gebiet Nordfrankreich"

Gerdan

Comment

Dear Gerdan,

"The correct writing is "Besatzungs Gebiet Nordfrankreich""

Definitely not. Please compare the B in "Bodenorganisation" with the b in "bes.".

But for the wrong transliteration "Bes(etzungs)" it is correct.

Uwe
                          Last edited by speedytop; 02-07-2016, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X