Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unit entry help needed

Hello,

i need some help with 3 unit entry's the first line i can read but what does that unit entry N.E.A 14 stand for - my best guess would be Nachr.Ers.e.Aus.??the second line i think is Artillery Nachricten Regiment 549?.?also can someone tell me what the 3rd and 4th row says?
    Attached Files

6 Kompanie, Nachrichten Ersatz Abteilung 14, Glauchau
    9 Kompanie, Armee Nachrichten Regiment 549
    5 Marschkompanie, Nachrichten Ersatz (Abteilung) 4
    6 Marschkompanie, Nachrichten Ersatz (Abteilung) 4

Armee Nachrichten Regiment 549
    Under: 10 Armee, Heeresgruppe Süd (Poland) 6 Armee (10.10.1939): West until 19.2.1941 in Luftgau Westfrankreich with I./511, II./549 und III./520, then: 6. Armee/Heeresgruppe Süd, later B Südrußland (Stalingrad); Destroyed 1943 at Stalingrad.

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

thanks for the info Ian,the battle entrys only go to Nov 1942,judgeing from the entry would he have been at Stalingrad?

Comment

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin
        thanks for the info Ian,the battle entrys only go to Nov 1942,judgeing from the entry would he have been at Stalingrad?
        The date when he left ANR 549 is 3 months after it was officially destroyed, however chances are he was at Stalingrad and escaped, either the unit was not in the encirclement or he was actually in a Kampfgruppe of men from different units.....the latter are not usually noted on the units page but occassionaly on page 32.
        However most of the time I have found November 1942 seems to be the date when records were kept up to date...after, 18.11.1942, if I remember correctly, everything starts to fall apart as far as keeping personal documents up to date!!!

Is this a replacement Wehrpaß? If so it is at least an indication that his first Wehrpaß was lost along with 6 Armee!!!

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hello Ian,very interesting,this is actually a re-issue wehrpass,there is a note in the wehrpass about it being replaced from when all of A.R 114 's wehrpass were lost due to enemy activity,maybe a 3rd re-issue?this would be the second wehrpass out of the 21 i got from the 46 I.D group from a man who was at stalingrad,i still have 5 left that i need to research the units etc!the more information im finding out the more happy i am that i picked up that grouping!another thing that is interesting,after the 2 N.E 4 units he was transferred back to A.N.R 549 on 16.7.1943.

Comment

Interesting thread. I find that zweitschift Wehrpasses are more common from Stalingrad survivors. First issue Wehrpasses from soldiers from units listed as lost at Stalingrad are very rare.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X