AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver license , Knight Cross , Martin Naumann , Is this correct ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver license , Knight Cross , Martin Naumann , Is this correct ???

I have bought this Driver License of Martin Naumann about 8 years ago. I would like to know more details about it.
    I bought it it together with a picture. On this picture is this guy, showing the Knights Cross, and you can see a piece of paper which shows all the decorations he ever had.
    He is not in the books as a Knights cross recipient. Now I have a few questions.
    Is this all correct , is he maybe one of the few who is not in the books ??
    Is the guy on the picture maybe somebode else ??

Who can tell me more about this strange object.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

The inside of the fuhrerschein
    Attached Files

Comment

The picture
      Attached Files

Comment

Ans close-up pictures of this picture
        That's it folks !!!
        Attached Files

Comment

As far as I know all RKT are accounted for, including those whose awards are in doubt or discounted due to whatever reason during the chaotic nature at the end of WW-2. If he isn't on any RKT lists then he isn't a holder of the award.
          As for the photo, it would appear that the RK has been added to the photo in the period version of what we would say is photoshopped.
          And as the piece of paper is dated for October 1945 this may be an attempt at the soldier trying to give himself an award(s) that he wasn't entitled to. There is also every chance that the person in the photo isn't Naumann.

Comment

The Bescheinigung is typical of those handed out in PoW camp confirming awards when the Soldbuch was handed in or lost.....I have no doubt with this paper but as has been pointed out if he is not listed in the official list then he did not earn the Ritterkreuz.

There were many in this situation post war as the correct chain of acceptance was not followed with Regiment, Division and even Korps commanders giving out immediate awards for acts of bravery.....however OKW had the last word.....post war many were not accepted by the Knight's Cross Association.

Nice enough little group to a potential if not short live Knights Cross winner!!

/Ian
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

The Feldpost numbers would indicate he belonged to:

07459 E - 12 Kompanie, Infanterie Regiment 5, 2 Infanterie Division. This Division was reformed 5.10.1940 as 12 Panzer Division.

12.8.1940 2, 6 and 12 Kompanie became 2-4 Kompanie, Kradschützen Bataillon 22, 12 Panzer Division.

02297 - Stab, Kradschützen Bataillon 22.

20.4.1943 the Bataillon was renamed Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 12.

The license in signed on the back by Oberstleutnant Heinz Bayer.
              17.07.1941 Ritterkreuz. Kradschützen-Bataillon 22 / 12. Panzer-Division

/Ian
              Last edited by Ian Jewison; 12-22-2015, 06:12 AM.
              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Too bad the photo was removed from the license, as that would solve part of the question.
                Jeff

Comment

Yes indeed the picture is gone , that's a shame and would solve the mistery a bit.
                  It will stay a bit of a mistery. Hopefully somebody will recognize the picture in the future....

Thanks Guy's for your replies and merry x-mas.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X