EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with webstie www.kurland-docs.com ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience with webstie www.kurland-docs.com ?

Hi all,

Usualy I dont collect papers but the guy from this website has something that interests me for personal reasons.
    I wanted to ask if any of you have dealt with him before and how your experience was ?
    Here is the adress: http://www.kurland-docs.com/

Thank you, Jens

I'm sure I recognize some of the document groups there, so I'm thinking he or they have some sort of connection with WAF.

Best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by zbv500 View Post
      Hi all,

Usualy I dont collect papers but the guy from this website has something that interests me for personal reasons.
      I wanted to ask if any of you have dealt with him before and how your experience was ?
      Here is the adress: http://www.kurland-docs.com/

Thank you, Jens
      Don't know anything about this dealer.
      I just looked at the pages of this Wehrpass - I have to say it is full of fantasy entries.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
        Don't know anything about this dealer.
        I just looked at the pages of this Wehrpass - I have to say it is full of fantasy entries.
        Whilst i agree i would not want that WP in my collection that does not make the bloke bad.
        All dealers make errors and if you look properly at his descriptions he often says things like "The Ek entry is dubious in my opinion" and things like that.

The member wanted to know was he good and did we have any experiences with him thats all!

As it happens i am currently considering a trade with the man and altho we have not sent anything yet it all seems good.

However if anything should happen this thread will be the first to know.

All the best lads,

Ross

Comment

I have made one purchase from him and it went smoothly. I believe he is a forum member.

Comment

I also had one transaction with him which went also very smoothly.

Comment

Mark and I have just completed a nice trade where we were both very happy.That does not happen to often,In my experience one party is always slightly happier than the other

A man you can trust.

Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Volksgrenadier 44 View Post
                Whilst i agree i would not want that WP in my collection that does not make the bloke bad.
                All dealers make errors and if you look properly at his descriptions he often says things like "The Ek entry is dubious in my opinion" and things like that.

The member wanted to know was he good and did we have any experiences with him thats all!

As it happens i am currently considering a trade with the man and altho we have not sent anything yet it all seems good.

However if anything should happen this thread will be the first to know.

All the best lads,

Ross
                That is a very interesting response to Naxos's observations, so if he efficiently ships an item with some wild entries then he is not a bad bloke then and we should only look at the question being asked. In other words if you haven't dealt with him you should not comment. Regardless of spoting faked entries in books on his site. Says a lot about this hobby, no wonder its going down the plug hole. Glad your trade went OK, have you posted it up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by John Foxx View Post
                  That is a very interesting response to Naxos's observations, so if he efficiently ships an item with some wild entries then he is not a bad bloke then and we should only look at the question being asked. In other words if you haven't dealt with him you should not comment. Regardless of spoting faked entries in books on his site. Says a lot about this hobby, no wonder its going down the plug hole. Glad your trade went OK, have you posted it up yet?
                  One could say a major reason this hobby is "Going down the PLUGHOLE (which is one word by the way) is due to the fact that some people are full of Negativity and take pleasure in picking faults in others!
                  Did you read the post!!,he said there were entries in one ID book that were suspect,you do realise people can make mistakes,did you read my post!! i said the dealer points out in his descriptions if there is anything suspect!

I dont know the man in person but YES im happy with my trade and YES it is up in the WP/SB section ready and waiting for you to view it.

Kind Regards and enjoy the hobby

Ross

Comment

One could say a major reason this hobby is "Going down the PLUGHOLE (which is one word by the way) is due to the fact that some people are full of Negativity and take pleasure in picking faults in others!
                    Did you read the post!!,he said there were entries in one ID book that were suspect,you do realise people can make mistakes,did you read my post!! i said the dealer points out in his descriptions if there is anything suspect!

I dont know the man in person but YES im happy with my trade and YES it is up in the WP/SB section ready and waiting for you to view it.

Kind Regards and enjoy the hobby

Ross
                    Ross,

Thankyou for the spell check (how do you spell although though?) I take no pleasure in pointing out that the hobby is rotton to the core and I do enjoy collecting. Since the name of his business implies he is big on docs then I am not happy when these folks make mistakes. I don't know if the 'mistakes' were highlighted by him before Naxos pointed them out. So long as we continue to gloss over and keep smiling then I suppose everthing will appear ok. There are a lot of books being tampered with over here at the moment and it makes me angry is all.

Yep, seen it, the mechanic?

Comment

It is rotten yes but i do not subscribe to the moaning and negative crap here and in other forums.

Dealers and collectors will sell messed with and repro items and i detest them both BUT my point is this,

Know your subject and if something gives you even an ounce of doubt DONT buy it,nobody is forcing your hand but try always to enjoy the hobby.

Yep the mechanic,not uncommon,no awards etc but a nice clean set AND 100% genuine

Ross

Comment

so guys!
                        i wanna to say sometings ,this WP is nearly Blanko (made in 1945)only photo page 1 and 10 are original,other pages? !there are no entries anymore.so who made other entries.we dont know,but i think he knows this WP is actually "Blanko-WP".
                        so such a WP could be only 25€,so i don't also buy it.

this is not a simple"'mistake",juts he wanna more €-----for a Blanko WP,that all---

now the Price for this WP is 50€.not 125€
                        so eyes open!

Comment

Originally posted by John Foxx View Post
                          Ross,
                          ... I don't know if the 'mistakes' were highlighted by him before Naxos pointed them out.

No, the seller changed it sometime after I pointed it out here on the forum.

However, the seller "Personeely" still believes that all the entries are original - (compare the the two screen shots of the offer)

He lowered the price from 125 euro to 50 euro

but as member Xin points out above, this was a 25 euro Wehrpass before the fake entries were added.

Now its worthless.

Last edited by naxos; 01-06-2016, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
                            No, the seller changed it sometime after I pointed it out here on the forum.

Now its worthless.

This i do agree with.

Ross

Comment

It is rotten yes but i do not subscribe to the moaning and negative crap here and in other forums.

Dealers and collectors will sell messed with and repro items and i detest them both BUT my point is this,

Know your subject and if something gives you even an ounce of doubt DONT buy it,nobody is forcing your hand but try always to enjoy the hobby.

Yep the mechanic,not uncommon,no awards etc but a nice clean set AND 100% genuine

Ross
                              Ross,

The know your subject thing is ok for people that are comfortable within the hobby and I agree with you on that point. Naxos went an extra yard and highlighted a short comming.

It is probably fair to assume Jens has the feedback he asked for but since he concedes he does not usualy collect paper then I assume any combat indicators would be useful for him? It would be ironic if it were the very pass he was after but that is unlikely.

I think this thread has ended up on a posative vibe as the dealer has taken note and adjusted his price, all be it grudgingly. I "Personeely" would not go near him as if this is an example of his expertise and morals it is a poor show. It makes me wonder if there are more 'mistakes' perhaps better ones?

A mechanic may not be glamourous but it still represents someones service time. I like the 'little people' as there were lots of them. If you look on here at times you would think everyone got EKs and DKs etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X