Kfg Schill SS 17GvB SSKfg Bohmen Soldbuch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kfg Schill SS 17GvB SSKfg Bohmen Soldbuch

A soldbuch to Herbert Mollmer, who was transferred from the Luftwaffe to SS Pz Gr Ausb Rgt/Schule in October 1944. This unit was part of Kfg Schill, a battle group that helped to successfully put down the Slovak uprising.

In mid December the part of unit was sent to Germany and was attached to SS Pz Gr Rgt 38. It made up a large part of the regiment.

Going into battle as part of 17 SS GvB Division, the north attack flank of 'Operation Nordwind', Mollmer was wounded by schrapnel and was awarded the Wound Badge in Black.

He was then sent to SS Pz Gr AuE Btl 17 in Iglau. From what I can find, it made up SS Kfg Bohmen. He was severally wounded in April 1945. A large piece of schrapnal pierced his chest.

A visually tragic injury to this young man, I have found nothing of his fate. Survived the war, maybe?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting Soldbuch Lee. First time I have seen a Lw photo in an SS Soldbuch. Yes, from the pages that would have been a fair sized chunk of shrapnel.

Comment

Very nice soldbuch Lee. Like Jerry said it must have been a fair sized chunk of shrapnel.

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Hello Lee,

tragically interesting Soldbuch. If I see correctly, he was released from the Bad Kreuznach area...let's hope, recovering from such a terrible wound, that he made it home and was not interned at the Rheinwiesenlager by Bad Kreuznach. This was one of the worse western POW camps.

Erich

Comment

Nice Soldbuch, Lee That's some pretty nasty shrapnel damage!
                Thanks for sharing this one with us.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by erichcraciun View Post
                  Hello Lee,

tragically interesting Soldbuch. If I see correctly, he was released from the Bad Kreuznach area...let's hope, recovering from such a terrible wound, that he made it home and was not interned at the Rheinwiesenlager by Bad Kreuznach. This was one of the worse western POW camps.

Erich
                  Looking at the wound badge entry, the damage was made after it was entered.

So he was wounded again, after leaving the hospital, going to SS Pz Gr AuE Batl 17.
                  Last edited by Lee Luke; 04-15-2013, 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Nice Soldbuch Lee, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Lee,

Great Soldbuch. Unfortunately he didn't survive. For some reason the Volksbund pages will not properly copy and paste for me. But do a search for Herbert Möllner. KIA 17.3.1945.

Jared

Comment

Thank you everyone for the comments.

Jared, I had been reading it as Möllmer, didn't think of trying Möllner. Thanks.

Comment

Likely not the same person KIA on 17.3.45 as he was granted leave 23.4.45.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
                            Likely not the same person KIA on 17.3.45 as he was granted leave 23.4.45.
                            It's him Jerry, the leave was on 23.4.44 and not 1945. I agree with Lee that the Soldbuch was struck by the shrapnell after the wound entry. So this would have been the piece of metal that killed him...
                            I also read Möllmer instead of Möllner in all Soldbuch entries, including his own signature. The Volksbund must have his name wrong.
                            Very sobering Soldbuch Lee, thanks for sharing.

Herbert Möllner ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Hackenheim.
                            Endgrablage: Grab 3
                            Nachname:Möllner
                            Vorname:Herbert
                            Dienstgrad:Unteroffizier
                            Geburtsdatum:07.03.1919
                            Geburtsort:Groß-Troben
                            Todes-/Vermisstendatum:17.03.1945
                            Todes-/Vermisstenort: nicht verzeichnet

Comment

Instead of going to Iglau, he must have been sent back to the SS 17 GvB fighting near Zweibrucken.

Wounded again, he most likely died on the way to the hospital. I would think Bad Krueznach again since Hackenheim is next to it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X