I need your opinion please !
    Many thanks.
    U571

Pics

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting

Hi

It seems like a radio message. Very interesting and looks real to me.

But not my collecting field

Best
      Nicolai

Comment

Did it come from a black photo album? I remember a paper grouping of von dem Bach-Zelewski's that contained, for example his Ehrendegen Urkunde which was glued to the page of the album.

Comment

Looks real to me too, i've been going through a lot of archive material recently with hundreds of this type of telex message and it looks right.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

How would a document like this come on to the market? The recipient named in the message is the HPA (Heerespersonalamt), and if I'm not mistaken, this document should be in his personnel file or some other official archive file.

What are the chances it is stolen?

Jason
            Last edited by jmark; 04-01-2013, 05:53 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Comment

IMO 100% original !

This looks 100% original to me. The hand written "Awarded & date " at the bottom is the same hand writing on many RK telegrams and cover award message sheets. It's great !!! Where it may have come from is anyones guess ?? Tom

Comment

Hi Jason,

Right on...not sent to the recipient, rather the HPA, with an intake stamp from the RFSS Stab Offz. there. This would have been filed and probably sent in an archives for the last few decades.

I will let others speculate why it no longer resides in the archives...

John

Comment

Originally posted by John M. Donovan View Post
                  I will let others speculate why it no longer resides in the archives...
                  OK, I'll speculate!

In the mid 80s up to 30,000 documents were stolen from the Berlin Document Center, then under US control. Items stolen included the file of Klaus Barbie, a marriage request by Adolf Eichmann, Goering suicide letter, etc. This RK doc for v.d.Bach would have been held at the same archive.

Even if I had an interest in the SS, I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post

In the mid 80s up to 30,000 documents were stolen from the Berlin Document Center, then under US control. Items stolen included the file of Klaus Barbie, a marriage request by Adolf Eichmann, Goering suicide letter, etc. This RK doc for v.d.Bach would have been held at the same archive.
                    Yup...same place for all the RK Vorschlag and Verliehungslisten that have been making the rounds for the last several years.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X