Soldbuch "Panzer-Flamm-Kompanie 351"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch "Panzer-Flamm-Kompanie 351"

Today I'd like to introduce a very interesting Soldbuch of an Unteroffizier who was with one of the rarest Panzer units during WWII: a "Panzer-Flamm-Kompanie".

A flame tank is a tank equipped with a flamethrower. The flamethrowers used were either modified versions of existing infantry flame weapons (Flammpanzer I and II) or specially designed (Flammpanzer III). They were mounted externally (Flammpanzer II), replaced existing machine gun mounts, or replaced the tank's main armament (Flammpanzer III). Fuel for the flame weapon was either carried inside the tank, in armoured external storage, or in some cases in a special trailer behind the tank.

But let's focus a minute on the soldiers further units he was with before. Most of them are not-so-often seen units.

He started with "Zugwachabteilung z.b.V. 500" and then moved on with "Kommmandeur des Heeresstreifendienstes für Reiseverkehr in Skandinavien".
    Next unit was "Kommmandeur des Heeresstreifendienstes für Reiseverkehr Mitte" and the next unit was "1. Marsch Kompanie Panzer Ausbildungsabteilung 15".
    And then he ended up with "Panzer-Flamm-Kompanie 351".

There is little known about this unit. Hitler gave order to form it on November 27th 1944. "Flamm-Panzer-Kompanie 351" fought in January 1945 in Budapest, Hungary.
    On April 10th 1945 the Kompanie had left just 4 Panzer III (Fl) Sd.Kfz. 141/3.

The stamping on page 20 "Einheit Feldp.-Nr. 04087" also belongs to "Panzer-Flamm-Kompanie 351".

He was awarded with the "KVK 2nd Cl. with X" on September 1st 1944.

I've never seen a Wehrpass or Soldbuch of a Flamm-Panzer unit before. Neither on the WAF nor somewhere else. I hope you like it. I'll start the thread with a photo of a Flamm-Panzer III. This type was in use at "Panzer-Flamm-Kompanie 351".

Regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Oberbootsmann; 03-04-2013, 12:42 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

If someone would like to see scans of a certain Soldbuch page, just let me know. I took scans of all pages.

Regards
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Oberbootsmann; 03-04-2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Very nice! I too have never seen an ID to someone in a Panzer-Flamm-Kompanie before. I do own a Soldbuch to a man who received a two week training on the Mittlere Flammpanzerwagen SdKfz 251/16 by the Panzer-Grenadier-Ersatz-und-Ausbildungs-Regiment 42, and ended up with the Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 103 (16th Panzer-Division) in the Kurland pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim De Craene View Post
                Very nice! I too have never seen an ID to someone in a Panzer-Flamm-Kompanie before. I do own a Soldbuch to a man who received a two week training on the Mittlere Flammpanzerwagen SdKfz 251/16 by the Panzer-Grenadier-Ersatz-und-Ausbildungs-Regiment 42, and ended up with the Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 103 (16th Panzer-Division) in the Kurland pocket.
                Thanks, Tim. Your Soldbuch sounds pretty interesting as well. Perhaps you can show a scan of the entry?

Some time ago another well known WAF Panzer ID collector told me that he owns a Wehrpass or Soldbuch (I don't remember exactly) to someone of a Flamm-Panzer unit. But I've never seen pictures of it.

That would be a great contribution to this thread.

Regards

Comment

Great Soldbuch, very cool. I really like the first photo as well, outstanding.

Comment

Interesting and rare find, IMO!

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
                      Thanks, Tim. Your Soldbuch sounds pretty interesting as well. Perhaps you can show a scan of the entry?
                      Here it is
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here it is
                        Great entry, Tim. Thanks for showing. I hope the other guy will show his Flammpanzer related Soldbuch / Wehrpass too.
                        Any other contributors are welcome as well!

Regards

Comment

... and ended up with the Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 103 (16th Panzer-Division) in the Kurland pocket.
                          Hi Tim,

A small correction to your post. Pz.Gr.Rgt.103 belonged to 14. Panzer-Division, not the 16th.

Nice IDs shown here.
                          Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X