Solbuch Gebirgsjager 100 GJR died in Gemmano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oriano,
    Great Wehrpaß. Your presentations are always memorable.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks Daniele!
      Thanks Jeff!
      Ciao Oriano

Comment

Hello dear Oriano,
        this is one of the nicest gruoup I've ever seen related to Gemmano!
        A very touching Story! It's incredible the difference we can see between the Wehrpass' photo and the portrait of September 1944. He looks quite "tired".

I will look in the documents I have of the HG C if there is something about the transport of the 100. GJ-Regiment.

Greetings from Italy
        Pietro

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
          Hello dear Oriano,
          this is one of the nicest gruoup I've ever seen related to Gemmano!
          A very touching Story! It's incredible the difference we can see between the Wehrpass' photo and the portrait of September 1944. He looks quite "tired".

I will look in the documents I have of the HG C if there is something about the transport of the 100. GJ-Regiment.

Greetings from Italy
          Pietro
          thanks my firend!
          In fact, it is for me, one of the most beautiful lots of Gemmano that I have seen, and not only for the Ernst certificate, but for all the paper, the photos and specially for the sites. His last letter "at 200 km" confused me because I always knew that on September 1 when the order to the 100 GJR arrives to suspend his transfer to the Western Alps to go to Gemmano, they were still all around between Santarcangelo di Romagna and Cesena....

ciao Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
            two of 14 september...
            Hi my friend!

Ludwig Bergmann, 2. Kompanie (100. GJR)
            Died in Villa Verrucchio.

Pietro

Comment

Hi my friend!

Pietro
              Thanks! Very interesting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
                Thanks! Very interesting!!!

... wonderful city Verrucchio!

Comment

Nice group, indeed! Very complete. And interesting. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Luft 76 View Post
                    Nice group, indeed! Very complete. And interesting. Congratulations.
                    many thanks Lutf76!

Comment

Hello Oriano !

Another great addition to this thread. As always very well researched and an excellent presentation .
                      Many thanks for all your efforts, to bring these pieces of history to our attention in such great detail !

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Originally posted by Archi View Post
                        Hello Oriano !

Another great addition to this thread. As always very well researched and an excellent presentation .
                        Many thanks for all your efforts, to bring these pieces of history to our attention in such great detail !

Best regards,

Archi
                        many thanks my friend for your beautiful words! to the next!
                        ciao Oriano

Comment

Thanks for showing and the work......verry nice to read this all....Great Papers !

Comment

Hi my friend!

Pietro
                            Correct!
                            Incidentally I also have got a Sterbebild from Ludwig bergmann recently and thanks to the new features of Ancestry.com I could download the death registration card...
                            I just wonder if Villa Verrucchio was on the first line on 14th September or it was still on the rear... Maybe he was killed by an artillery bombing or an air strike?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                              Correct!
                              Incidentally I also have got a Sterbebild from Ludwig bergmann recently and thanks to the new features of Ancestry.com I could download the death registration card...
                              I just wonder if Villa Verrucchio was on the first line on 14th September or it was still on the rear... Maybe he was killed by an artillery bombing or an air strike?

statistically all the 100 GJR was in full attack from the Allied near Gemmano towards San Marino. While Villa Verucchio is in the same direction but much further on the Marecchia River (about 10 km) that the 100 GJR will cross a week later, on September 21st. Almost certainly this soldier was evacuated seriously injured in the military hospital of Villa Verucchio inside the Franciscan Convent ....I had put some photos of this Lazarett below

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...830846&page=14

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 30 users online. 0 members and 30 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X