Soldbuch for a Super Soldat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stormfighter View Post
    Simon, I especially enjoyed your first statement. You can't imagine how much time I spent trying to figure out this soldier's story - I still haven't and probably never will.

I really appreciate the information you provided. I discussed your comments with Frederick Clemens today and we're totally on board with you. Yes, we believe it is possible that Cieslewicz may have never served in the Heer. Frederick mentioned that the units mentioned on page 22 are most likely the units that issued his awards, not necessarily the units he was serving with; the only exception is that that four Tank Destruction Badges were not only awarded by a specific battalion, but a specific company within the battalion, that is, the 2nd Company of Pioneer Battalion 112. Cieslewicz's story will indeed be an interesting one to unravel and I look forward to it being furthered discussed by knowledgable forum members.

Incidentally, I didn't mention that Cieslewicz's brother is still alive (he is named in Cieslewicz's 19 July 1943-dated RuSHA document). I wrote to him months ago, and assume he received the letter because it was not returned. I wondered why he didn't respond: Perhaps because he and his brother both served in the SS? Or perhaps he was angry at his brother regarding his crimes - not during the war, but after the war! As I noted in my description, I believe Cieslewicz immigrated to Canada. I won't mention what he was charged with, but if anyone is interested, do a google search, and enter the words - Hans, Cieslewicz, Canada - you can read all about a "Hans Cieslewicz," who I think has a very good chance of being the same Hans-Dieter Cieslewicz whose Soldbuch I have.

Barry
    The Hans Cieslewicz in Canada had a full name of Johannes Paul Cieslewicz, born 2 Dec 1919 in Berlin. Father was Felix Cieslewicz and Mother was Hedwig. Though I know my Dad had a brother who died around 1947-48 of tuberculosis in Berlin, I can't find any record of him. Both my parents was long passed away and I have no way of verifying this brother's identity. My Dad also had a sister. As to the story on the internet about the foster children, the Ontario Children Aids Society was criticized for not properly following up of complaints for the kids, it went on a "witch hunt" to prove something. It chose my parents to do follow-ups, which was easy, since both of them were dead by then and were unable to defend themselves against these allegations.
    I don't think there is a connection to my family.
    GJC.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
      The Hans Cieslewicz in Canada had a full name of Johannes Paul Cieslewicz, born 2 Dec 1919 in Berlin. Father was Felix Cieslewicz and Mother was Hedwig. Though I know my Dad had a brother who died around 1947-48 of tuberculosis in Berlin, I can't find any record of him. Both my parents was long passed away and I have no way of verifying this brother's identity. My Dad also had a sister. As to the story on the internet about the foster children, the Ontario Children Aids Society was criticized for not properly following up of complaints for the kids, it went on a "witch hunt" to prove something. It chose my parents to do follow-ups, which was easy, since both of them were dead by then and were unable to defend themselves against these allegations.
      I don't think there is a connection to my family.
      GJC.
      GJC,

Thanks for posting this information. Out of curiosity, can you tell me the first name of your father's brother who died in Berlin around 1947-1948? Again thanks for adding to this thread concerning this Soldbuch.

Regards,

Barry

Comment

A Restless Individual

Gentlemen,

Hans-Dieter Cieslewicz was a restless man indeed. I have a hunch that he may have gone on more adventures after WWII. He was a soldier of Germany and wanted to keep his honor clean. I strongly doubted that he would committed a crime after WWII. I sometimes wondered if he got along with his parents since childhood. Particularly his father Sigimund.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

My Mistake

Gentlemen,

Correction: Hans-Dieter's father is spelled Sigismund not Sigimund.

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Great soldbuch and story!

Comment

"Cieslewicz turned in this Einsatzkombination (Two-piece Combat Outfit) on 18 March 1945, when he was placed in the Ersatz-Reserve. Cieslewicz, in the photo stapled in his Ersatz-Soldbuch, is probably either wearing a jacket issued to Schnellboot crews, or the jacket of the Einsatzkombination. "

Barry , In his soldbuch photo , I strongly believe he is wearing an Italian pullover wind cheater jacket. Commonly issued to italian Bersaglieri and some Alpini troops.
              Very commonly seen in wear during the RSI period. There were a few versions.
              From the photo it appears the buttons could be German as the Italian ones were composite plastic sometimes with two visible sewing holes , but sometimes not.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Dennis S; 11-20-2014, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Another view of unadorned jacket worn by a paramilitary black brigade .
                Attached Files

Comment

awarded also after Gran Sasso : definitely a 007...
                  http://de.metapedia.org/wiki/Datei:D...portpalast.jpg

Comment

An Adventurous Man Indeed!

Gentlemen,

Hans-Dieter Cieslewicz's fighting adventures could have made into a book. His records needs more research.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X