American born Panzer Jäger drivers license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American born Panzer Jäger drivers license

Panzer Jager member's drivers license who was born in East Orange New Jersey! I would love to hear anything else you may be able to share. Thanks

Great find! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Schnappi,

Nice one, and thanks for showing.

One of those men who went back to the Fatherland.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Eric JB View Post
        One of those men who went back to the Fatherland.
        I wonder if US emigration records exist of when he returned to Germany. Could be a nice small research project.

Jason

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I never tried to search for him in the US records. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

This is probably his brother from the USA! (from the web; a 1997 obituary)
            Dietrich E.Hagedorn born in East Orange NJ (went to school in Germany and it reads he has a brother Kurt Hagedorn of Hanover, Germany.... so still alive in 1997)

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...extiles-in-new

Last edited by NickG; 01-15-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Interestingly, a Lt Ridler, from East Orange, NJ, was killed near my place in September 1944.

Comment

There were many German soldiers of all ranks and branches of service involved that fought for Germany in WW2, just like there were many Germans that fought on our side also, and spoke German fluently, as this man spoke English fluently. Very cool anyway, and appears to be written on linen, instead of paper. They have changed the name there now, its no longer east orange.....now its called (wait for it...wait for it....East Black hahaha) just kidding. East orange by the way is a tough town if you have never been there...Very cool find and congrats.

Comment

It says nothing about when he went to Germany, it could just as easily have been months after his birth as 1938 or 9.

Ask about if anyone with a subscription to ancestry.com could look up the name amongst census and passenger lists, i'll bet he can be found.
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Very interesting item.

Comment

Very interesting, especially since East Orange is not even an hour from where I live!

Comment

You have my sympathy...

Comment

Great Find! Thank you.

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                          This is probably his brother from the USA! (from the web; a 1997 obituary)
                          Dietrich E.Hagedorn born in East Orange NJ (went to school in Germany and it reads he has a brother Kurt Hagedorn of Hanover, Germany.... so still alive in 1997)

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...extiles-in-new

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X