oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LW soldbuch with mp44 entry. Ardennes '44?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW soldbuch with mp44 entry. Ardennes '44?

Hi!

Today I was on local military show and I found few new things for my collection. This is my first collect in this year so I'm very happy about it. LW soldbuch in great condition with MP44 entry. I didn't have too much time, so I quickly looked through the booklet. I haven't seen any red flags so I took it. When I was on my way to home I began to view entries in this soldbuch and I'm pleasantly surprised.

The first interesting thing for me, after the entry of mp44, is the origin of Ludwig. He lived in "Pszow", this is about 40km from my home.

From additional document from 1950 I read, he was missed in 19.11.1944 and his further fate is unknown.

From 2nd document from 1955 I have read that, he died on 26.12.1944. He was buried in Henri Chapelle.

Is it possible that he fought in Ardennes in 1944?

This soldbuch is very intresting for me so I appreciate any help. It's looks like I have what to do for the next few hours.

Regards Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Can sameone help mi with the rest of entries form page 14 and this entry? Unfortunately I can't read all of those entries

Thanks in advance, Patrick
            Attached Files

Comment

He died almost a month before the start of the Ardennes offensive and the 47 VGD i don't believe was involved.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Now I see this. I don't know how I read November as a DecemberSorry for my mistake

Patrick

Comment

Nice soldbuch!
                  No, not Ardennes.
                  I think he died during the third battle for Aachen.
                  I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                  Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                  My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

I like how on page 1 his rank has been changed from the Luftwaffe rank of Flieger to Grenadier, which is confirmed on page 3. Plucked from a nice rear-area job for front-line service.

Jason
                    Last edited by jmark; 01-05-2013, 04:45 PM. Reason: Extra info

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X