Soldbuch on e-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch on e-stand

Sorry to say it, but am I the only one who does have a problem with the stamper parts that are visible on the man's pass photo as they don't fit to the stamper part on the cover.
    Or was the photo once glued in a position that was a fraction lower - as compared to the stamper circle and the photo square impress on page 1.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=643623

Best regards

Eric-Jan

To my eyes the photos have nothing more than the stamp ring on them. No part of the eagle or text from the stamp..... Strange.

pseudo-expert

Comment

No, not the original photo.

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Not original either.

If you look at the inverse of the picture on page one, the bottom right and top left corner should have ink from the stamp on it, as it left some on page one.

Comment

Eric-Jan,

I agree the pass photo has been replaced and someone has made a bad attempt at filling in the missing part of the inked feldpost unit stamps with purple/blue ink...which does not match the original black ink Feldpost stamp.

Bill

Originally posted by Eric JB View Post
          Sorry to say it, but am I the only one who does have a problem with the stamper parts that are visible on the man's pass photo as they don't fit to the stamper part on the cover.
          Or was the photo once glued in a position that was a fraction lower - as compared to the stamper circle and the photo square impress on page 1.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=643623

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your replies and thoughts, much appreciated.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X