2 SS dog tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 SS dog tags

Hello all! My friend found this two SS dog tags on the North-Eastern of France (Lorraine).

The first is from the 17 th SS goetz von berlichingen? And was found with a camo helmet and a belt buckle on a Foxhole (i have picturs if you want to see )

The second Dog Tag is from a SS Gebirgsjager Divison?

How can i have info of this 2 soldiers? Can you help me?

Comment

IMO both very nice!
      No way of telling wether the Stug tag is from GvB or not without arrchives details, but the Gebirgsjager tag is from Nord division as far as I remember.
      You won't be able to trace down the individual soldiers unless you're a relative or have good friends at Wast.
      Timo

Comment

Both OK

Comment

Originally posted by VOLKSGRENADIER View Post
          The first is from the 17 th SS goetz von berlichingen?
          No, it isn`t from GvB, it is from SS Sturmgeschütz Ausbildungs und Ersatz Abteilung.
          It could be, that vthe soldier served in GvB, but the dogtag isn`t from GvB.

Both tags are good.

Best regards, Fronti

Comment

Thank you all for your comments.

Comment

Other than getting information from the archives is there a method to determine a legitimate GvB dogtag by its inscription? From what I can ascertain is that tags from GvB are not marked GvB.

Comment

Originally posted by gj dettore View Post
                Other than getting information from the archives is there a method to determine a legitimate GvB dogtag by its inscription? From what I can ascertain is that tags from GvB are not marked GvB.
                Yes, there is a way: Look for following or similar inscripts !

SS PzGrenRgt 37
                SS PzGrenRgt 38
                SS ArtRgt 17
                SS Flak Abt 17
                SS Pi Btl 17
                SS-PzAufklAbt 17
                SS-NachrAbt 17
                Kdr.d.SS DivNachTr 17
                SS SanAbt 17
                SS PzInstAbt 17
                SS WiBtl 17
                SS Feldpostamt 17
                SS Kriegsber.Zg 17
                SS Feldgen Kp 17
                SS Felders Btl 17

Best regards, Fronti

Comment

Fronti,
                  Thanks for that information!

Comment

In my opinion, tag n° 751 from SS Sturmgeschütz Ausbildungs und Ersatz Abteilung was issued to a man of 17 GvB..... Because tag n° 390 and 777 are from GvB.....

Information from my Waffen-SS Erkennungsmarke database. I'm all the time looking about information coming from SS-Soldbucher or Wehrpass....
                    Last edited by christof; 01-07-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Tag n° 2715 from SS-Geb. Jäg. A. u. Ers. Btl. 6 is for sure from GvB to. Tags n° 798 and 2745 from same unit are from GvB.... IMHO, the first 3000 men (number) of SS-Geb. Jäg. A. u. Ers. Btl. 6 were send to division GvB.

Comment

Originally posted by christof View Post
                        In my opinion, tag n° 751 from SS Sturmgeschütz Ausbildungs und Ersatz Abteilung was issued to a man of 17 GvB..... Because tag n° 390 and 777 are from GvB.....

Information from my Waffen-SS Erkennungsmarke database. I'm all the time looking about information coming from SS-Soldbucher or Wehrpass....
                        Originally posted by christof View Post
                        Tag n° 2715 from SS-Geb. Jäg. A. u. Ers. Btl. 6 is for sure from GvB to. Tags n° 798 and 2745 from same unit are from GvB.... IMHO, the first 3000 men (number) of SS-Geb. Jäg. A. u. Ers. Btl. 6 were send to division GvB.

It might be, that the soldiers served in GvB, but the dogtag isn`t from GvB, that`s true.

See Posting #5.

Best regards, Fronti

Comment

Of course Fronty !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X