Help with Panzer Soldbuch unit entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Panzer Soldbuch unit entry

Currently researching a Soldbuch to a Panzer soldier who fought with Panzer-Abteilung 103 and Panzer-Regiment 26 in Italy, I am wondering about the last two units entered in the 'active' units (C) on page 17 of the Soldbuch.

1: Panz. .... Abt. 5? I don't think it's the same as the Panzer-Ersatz-Abteilung 5 mentionned under "D"?
    2: Feld-Ersatz-Bataillon 2 of the 12. Panzer-Division.. correct?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Tim-

Looks to be 1.Marschkompanie/Pz.Ers.Abt.5 and 3./Feld-Ersatz-Batl.2, 12.Pz-Division. And yes, the Marschkompanie would have been part of Pz.Ers.Abt.5 listed in secton D. Can we see the rest of the Soldbuch?

Rob

Comment

I agree with Rob !

Comment

Thanks Rob and Chris. I thought the abbreviation was not for 'Ers.', but I might well have been wrong.

Sure, Rob. The Soldbuch is to Gefreiter Hans Fink. Born in 1923, he joined the Wehrmacht in February 1942. After his basic military training with Panzer-Ausbildungs-Abteilung 4, he joined the newly erected Panzer-Abteilung 386 in France, November 1942. Fink was still with them when the Abteilung was renamed into Panzer-Abteilung 103 in March 1943. A few months later, in June 1943, the Abteilung was added to the 3rd Panzer-Grenadier-Division and sent to the Italian front. Late 1943, he was moved to Panzer-Regiment 26 of the 26. Panzer-Division, also fighting in Italy. With this unit, Fink saw action on the Anzio / Nettuno beachhead for a few months, until he was involved in an accident in May 1944, and stayed - as I now found out - with reserve units for the remainder of the war.
        Attached Files

Comment

Some unidentified officer signatures.
          Attached Files

Comment

His units.
            Attached Files

Comment

Some equipment entries. Issue of a 'Kradmantel' (not visible on the scans) suggests he could have been deployed as a Kradmelder.
              Attached Files

Comment

And last, his accident and leaves. No awards were entered.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X