Pokal Winner Stuka 77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokal Winner Stuka 77

Here i want to show you the Soldbuch of a Pokal Winner from the Stuka 77 !
    I want to discuss here - later i want do do it in the E-Stand.

Its a early soldbuch - without a picture !
    Attached Files

more:
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I Can't find much on him....he doesn't appear on the German War Graves site as killed or missing:

Ully, Fritz. Obergefreiter. Flugzeugführer
          23.11.1942 Ehrenpokal

Shot down 24.3.1942 near Charkow by flak flying Ju87 B-1 WNr. 5093 (2/St.G. 77):

Pilot: Obgefr. Fritz Ully. Wounded
          Airgunner: Obgefr. Oskar Held. Wounded

A related entry can be seen on page 12-13 regarding flying accident and the wound badge awarded 27.3.1942.

Page 2 and 22 bears the signature of Oblt.u.Staka Georg Jakob RKT. Page 2 and 21 Oblt.u.Stafu. Günther Hitz RKT.

/Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hello,

If I am reading the list of awards correctly, no pilot badge is listed. Correct? Is that normal?

Looking at his rate of collecting FFS and ehrenpokal, I would have guessed he was on track for the DKiG. I wonder what happened to him?

Rich
            Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
            Decorations of Germany

Comment

Hi Rich,

It's not unusual for qualification awards not to be entered in Soldbuch and even Wehrpaß!
              Sometimes it can be difficult to determine what role they performed when they all attend the same training schools Especially if its a Soldbuch you have and he passed his training prewar!

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Gordon View Post
                Looking at his rate of collecting FFS and ehrenpokal, I would have guessed he was on track for the DKiG. I wonder what happened to him?

Rich
                Remember the Spange was awarded for number of completed missions. Bravery awards could mirror the award of a Spange or be awarded for specific heroic deeds!

Spange in Bronze = 10
                Spange in Silver = 60
                Spanger in Gold = 110

EK II = 10-20
                EK I = 60
                Ehrenpokal = 110-150
                DK = 200
                RK = 400+

That is a rough guidline when they could have been awarded but not the rule....also as mentioned heroic deeds could change the bravery award and also what roll he took!

A fighter pilot might get an EK II for his first or second victory with the EK I for his fifth! Bombers and Stukas perhaps for sinking a ship he would get a higher award etc.

Also the number of missions and victories changed as the war progressed.....I have 2 groups for example to pilots from JG 54. Both had 53 victories....one is a RKT from 1942, the other an EK I winner from 1944!

Regards,
                Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian!

Could anyone speculate what happened after 1942? No death recorded on the war graves site, nothing marked in the soldbuch to suggest death.

If he was missing in action then I suppose that would explain no entry in the wargaves but then if it was MIA the soldbuch wouldn't exist because it would be with him.

Is it possible his wound invalided him out of service? I was thinking if that was the case the wound badge would be a higher grade.

Weird!!

Rich
                  Decorations of Germany

Comment

Found him:

Nachname: Ully
                    Vorname: Friedrich
                    Dienstgrad: Obergefreiter
                    Geburtsdatum: 05.04.1912
                    Geburtsort: Neuenburg
                    Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 16.12.1942
                    Todes-/Vermisstenort: Stepnaja bei Rostow

Friedrich Ully was not transferred to a military cemetery. According to our information, his grave is still at the following location: Stepnaja / Rostow am Don - Russia

/Ian
                    Last edited by Ian Jewison; 12-01-2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Great work, Ian!
                      Decorations of Germany

Comment

Additional info on Ully:

25.01.1942: 2./St.G.77. Emergency landing due to engine failure near Gomoljscha

Junkers Ju 87 B-1 WNr. 345. S2 + EK

Pilot: Obgefr. Ully, Fritz
                        Airgunner: Uffz. Winter

/Ian

Comment

Well done Ian!

Nice bit of research.

Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X