WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why would someone pay $250 for a Police dogtag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would someone pay $250 for a Police dogtag?

Hey guys,

I bought a huge pile of dogtags and found this one in the mix.

When I got them from the seller (who had paid the $250 for it) I asked him and he stated that not many were made... Is that true?

I did some looking around the net and couldnt find much out on police tags.

Can anyone shed some light on it? What do they really go for?

thanks J
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

hello
      depends of course of the printed unit or city or department

but this - and i think you will get some other ops - is not about 250 usd IMO.
      best wishes

Comment

I wouldn't pay over $40. Other Polizei tags will be worth more but not one like this issued from a city in Germany.

Comment

I like it very much but the price is a bit to much IMO

Comment

I didnt pay that.. but the previous owner did.

What is a realistic price these days?

thanks J

Comment

You have to give some thought the this ID disc. The Gemeinde Polizei did not have a police administration. They were the police of small towns hired and fired by the local Burgemeister. There was no state police adminsitration. I have to wonder whether this disc is a fabrication.

Comment

ahhhh

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                You have to give some thought the this ID disc. The Gemeinde Polizei did not have a police administration. They were the police of small towns hired and fired by the local Burgemeister. There was no state police adminsitration. I have to wonder whether this disc is a fabrication.
                Ahh, in that case the 250 should be 2.50. The decimel point must have rubbed off somehow.

Comment

Or you REALLY have to want it. Maybe the previous owner really wanted it!!

How often do we all kick ourselves for not bidding/offering a bit more for an item that would have fit perfectly in our collections? Then you don't see them again for years - if ever.

I'm not saying the market value to you guys is $250, but maybe the previous owner had a thing for Gemeinde Polizei, or Neustadt a.d. Weinstrasse (which is a super neat town, by the way) or another reason.

Or maybe he was a dummy. But think about it.

best
                  Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                    O... or Neustadt a.d. Weinstrasse (which is a super neat town, by the way) ...

best
                    Hank
                    mainly the wine-street

Comment

I think the dogtag is good but defenitely not worth $250, more realistic would be about $30-50 here (Euro 20-35). It is not "Rheinland" but Neustadt an der Weinstrasse is in the Palatinate (Pfalz) not far from Landau and very close to the French border. The dogtag is only for Polizei administration (gemeinde Polizei Verwaltung) and is nothing special. A Neustadt or possibly a Polizei collector would pay a premium price here but the dogtag is not really that desirable. The person that paid $ 250 for this tag really got taken!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X