Demjansk Oberstarzt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demjansk Oberstarzt

Have had this Soldbuch for a long time. It was to Oberstarzt Albrecht Sommer. He was orignially from Magdeburg and served during WWI and later in the Reichswehr. The Soldbuch also came with a few photos of his Reichswehr time.

img205.jpg

At the start of WWII Sommer was attached to the 269th ID as the senior divisional medical officer. He took part in the France and Russia Campaigns up to early 1942 with the 269th ID .

img206.jpg
    Last edited by Edward; 09-29-2012, 09:35 AM.

In March, 1942 Sommer was transfered to the staff of the 290th ID. In that capacity he served throughout the Demyansk Campaign.

During 1943 Sommer is sent to Korps Höhne, which eventually became the VIII Armee Korps.

At wars end it is likely Sommer removed pages 5-6 and 7-8 from his Soldbuch.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Edward; 09-29-2012, 09:37 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH]2323850[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2323851[/ATTACH]

Comment

Happier times while in the Reichswehr.

img210.jpg

Comment

Very interesting and not common document !

Comment

Awesome book with a great photo. Very nice.

Comment

Very nice piece! The Oberstarzt even has my family name

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments Luft76, Chris, and Diaspora!

Comment

Great book...I may be missing it, but is there an entry for the KVK II? I only see the KVK I in 1941...

best
                  hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

This could be his doctoral thesis (only 9 pages !):

Titel: Der Einfluss der Temperatur auf die Wirkung des Ptyalins

Verfasser: Sommer, Albrecht

Umfang: 9 S. m. Taf. 4".

Anmerkung: [Maschinenschrift].- Auszug [Maschinenschrift]: 1 Bl. 4".- Königsberg,
                    Med. Diss. v. 15. Okt. 1923 [1925]

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks for the comments Hank and Gerdan.

Hank, I will check the Soldbuch, but I do not think there ever was a KVK II made entry in the Soldbuch. Not sure why. Could very well have just been a mistake on the part of the person who made the entry.

Gerdan, how did you find that information? I agree it could be a thesis. Maybe part of a thesis put into a medical journal?

Comment

Edward,

I found the thesis in the catalogue of the German National Library. But as is has only 9 pages I think the thesis will not be published in a medical journal.

The thesis is not printed but only typed with a typewriter - not seldem in thoses years (1925).

Gerdan

Comment

In addition I found this (only 2 pages) :

http://books.google.de/books/about/D...AJ&redir_esc=y

Gerdan

Comment

Gerdan, thanks for the interesting additional information and link.

I wonder if he was a medical student at the University of Königsberg?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X