EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StuG.Brigade 280 Soldbuch, document and photo grouping - wounded Battle of Arnhem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rare one-of-a-kind book! And Rob, you did some great research on it!

Comment

Very nice Soldbuch Rob!Im looking for a similar one but of the Italian campaign at the moment

Comment

This is another GREAT grouping. The research is also great and the history behind this papers is fascinating.

...one bridge too far...

Once in a lifetime You will get the chance to own such paperwork. Rob, as always: You made it again!

If You ever plan to give that piece of history away: I am Your Single Point Of Contact

Comment

Originally posted by bsmith56 View Post
          A rare one-of-a-kind book! And Rob, you did some great research on it!

Thanks B! Glad you enjoyed it

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
          Very nice Soldbuch Rob!Im looking for a similar one but of the Italian campaign at the moment
          Thank you Daniele If I happen to see a Soldbuch/grouping to a StuG unit that fought in Italy I will definitely let you know.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by walter1010de View Post
            This is another GREAT grouping. The research is also great and the history behind this papers is fascinating.

...one bridge too far...

Once in a lifetime You will get the chance to own such paperwork. Rob, as always: You made it again!

If You ever plan to give that piece of history away: I am Your Single Point Of Contact

Thanks Marc It really is an outstanding group and I'm glad to see so many of you appreciating and enjoying it. I have absolutely NO plans to sell the grouping, but I will add your name to the growing "First right of refusal" list

Thanks again guys!
            Rob

Comment

Awesome grouping and great presentation. I always enjoy
              to see Stug groupings because my Grandfather served with the famous
              Stug Battr 667

Comment

Originally posted by Ostmark View Post
                Awesome grouping and great presentation. I always enjoy
                to see Stug groupings because my Grandfather served with the famous
                Stug Battr 667
                I got a Soldbuch grouping from that unit, what was your Grandfathers name?
                EDIT: Sorry for hijacking this thread, Ostmark: PM me.
                I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Rick-

Not at all! You're not hijacking anything... I am glad to see that the thread has sparked more discussions

I too have an ID to a member of Heeres-Sturm.Art.Bgd.667, a Wehrpass my grandfather brought home from WWII. He told me that he picked it up in Germany at the end of the war and technically speaking it was the very first ID in my collection (the '667' unit entry was pure coincidence ) This soldier was a StuG.III crew member who was wounded in June of 1944 and as a result was not with the unit when it participated in the fighting in Holland during and after Market-Garden.

I did at one point own a very nice Soldbuch to a member of Heeres-Sturm.Art.Bgd.667 (with a beautiful portrait photo of the soldier in a field gray wrap) who was with the unit during the fighting in Holland, but that ID has since been sold to another Sturmartillerie collector.

Rob

Comment

Check this thread for the story of my Grandfathers war

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=667

And Rick i would love to see your 667 grouping

Comment

Scoreboard of the mighty 667 ;-) ... found in the inet
                      Attached Files

Comment

Panzer Rob,
                        Thankyou for posting such an excellent thread. Love the pics of Arnhem what a fantastic grouping, you must be thrilled. Great tribute to Stug Brigade.

Thanks again
                        Si

Comment

Originally posted by SM74 View Post
                          Panzer Rob,
                          Thankyou for posting such an excellent thread. Love the pics of Arnhem what a fantastic grouping, you must be thrilled. Great tribute to Stug Brigade.

Thanks again
                          Si

Thanks very much and glad you enjoyed the thread It really is amazing that so many photos were taken of Wehner's unit during the Battle of Arnhem - and on the very day he was wounded! There's no doubt that one of those StuGs was Wehners.

Rob

Comment

Amazing

I really like that group - the photos are outstanding!!!!

Comment

Congrats, what a haul !

I'm especially interested by Wehrkreis IX (Hessen state : Alsfeld - Fulda - Frischborn - Lauterbach) Soldbuch and Wherpass so i am happy to see one !

Comment

In this case, the catch is better than the chase, eh Robert ???

A HUGE Congrats on this absolutely SSmokin' grouping !!!

"HundeSStaffel"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X