Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldbuch to a Panzerjäger I (and later Marder III) crew member - PAB silver 1940

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Here are four images of Panzerjäger I which are of particular interest because they all belonged to Schmitt's unit; the first three to Panzerjäger-Abteilung (Sfl) 643 and the fourth image shows two Panzerjäger I of the 9. and 12.Kompanie, Panzer-Lehr Regiment. The first photo is from the collection of Akira Takiguchi, the other three were found on the internet.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Panzer Rob; 08-27-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few Marder III images. The first is quite interesting as it shows a Marder III from Schmitt's unit, Armee-Pz.-Jäg.Abt.744, along with a Hungarian Turan II medium tank. The photo was taken in the later half of 1944 while Pz.-Jäg.Abt.744 was subordinated to the VI. Hungarian Korps under the command of Heeresgruppe Nordukraine (image found on the internet).

The second is a nice profile shot of a Marder III ausf.M and comes from the collection of Akira Takiguchi.

The third photo is a really superb shot of a Marder III ausf.M with several soldiers (all in field gray Sonderbekleidung). This is the earlier version of the Marder III ausf.M which featured a rounded armored drivers compartment. The fourth and last photo (another great shot from the collection of Akira Takiguchi) shows the later version with the angled, welded edge armored drivers compartment.
              Attached Files

Comment

Marder III #2
                Attached Files

Comment

Marder III #3
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last Marder III photo:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Love those panzer jaegers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Luke View Post
                        Love those panzer jaegers.

Lee - So do I

Rob

Comment

i like the shape of Marder III , i made a model kits for myself,
                          but you released some more historical fotos, very nice!

the SB is nice, but i like a high decorated soldier! i think you have so many!

Comment

Very well researched Rob,

It's a shame that the dealer chose to split this group up as his citations, driving license and instructors license went elsewhere. The EK II citation was signed by Rommel!

I have a Soldbuch to the same company and looks like he went the same way, however 1942 he transferred to 14 Kompanie, Grenadier Regiment 743.

/Ian
                            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Another great job and Soldbuch Rob.
                              Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
                                Very well researched Rob,

It's a shame that the dealer chose to split this group up as his citations, driving license and instructors license went elsewhere. The EK II citation was signed by Rommel!

I have a Soldbuch to the same company and looks like he went the same way, however 1942 he transferred to 14 Kompanie, Grenadier Regiment 743.

/Ian

Thanks Ian!

And no, I did not know that there were other items that were split. To be honest I am not surprised as it seems to be happening more and more with groupings. It's most unfortunate, but apparently SOP these days. Oh well, I am very happy with the Soldbuch and now I get to try and track down the other items

Yes - I remember coming across and reading about the '643' Soldbuch you have when I was researching this one. Actually, Lee just posted a Soldbuch over on HWMF to the very same unit! There's a good chance the three of these guys knew each other.

Best,
                                Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X