CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldbuch to a Panzerjäger I (and later Marder III) crew member - PAB silver 1940

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
    Another great job and Soldbuch Rob.
    Jeff

Thank you Jeff! I am really happy to have been able to add this one to the collection. The beautiful portrait photo aside, I really love these early PAB in silver award entries and to have an example to a soldier who crewed a Panzerjäger I makes it all the more interesting to me

Thanks again Jeff!
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Rob View Post
      Yes - I remember coming across and reading about the '643' Soldbuch you have when I was researching this one. Actually, Lee just posted a Soldbuch over on HWMF to the very same unit! There's a good chance the three of these guys knew each other.
      I didn't see Lee's.....I just posted mine!
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Very nice Soldbuch Rob, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Hi Rob,

Great Soldbuch, and a great research done, a description that together with the photos made it an very enjoyable and historical reading.

Thanks for showing and with the description a job well done.

And thank you Akira !

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Thanks EJ and Dennis glad you guys enjoyed seeing the scans and reading the research.

Ian, Lee's Soldbuch is in the "Großdeutschland" thread; his guy was part of the Stab and 2.Kompanie '643' personnel sent over to Panzerjäger-Abteilung "GD" in March of 1942.

Rob

Comment

Awesome item and presentation. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                Awesome item and presentation. Well done.

Thanks Chris! It's a really nice Panzerjäger Soldbuch with an early PAB in silver award entry and I am happy to have been able to add to my collection. Glad you enjoyed the research and presentation

Best,
                Rob

Comment

Beautiful SB Rob! Nicely done.

Jeremy

Comment

Rob, very nice Soldbuch and research. It really is a shame that this one was broken up! Jim

Comment

Nice one Rob, Any chance to see pics of the rest of the group?Hope you can reunite it!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
                        Nice one Rob, Any chance to see pics of the rest of the group?Hope you can reunite it!

Thanks, Daniele! Unfortunately I do not have scans of the other items in the group but would very much appreciate it if anyone who did happen to save them could post them here.

And yes, it would be great to one day reunite them with the Soldbuch

Rob

Comment

Does anyone know who happened to buy Schmitt's EKII award document (with Rommel signature) and can anyone give me a list of exactly what else was originally in the grouping but split up by Klaus? I did not see the items when they were originally posted. Apparently the EKII doc went to a collector in the UK...

I'd really like to reunite the EKII document with the Soldbuch, so if anyone happens to find out who exactly it was that bought it please let me know.

Thanks!
                          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
                            It's a shame that the dealer chose to split this group up as his citations, driving license and instructors license went elsewhere. The EK II citation was signed by Rommel!
                            /Ian
                            As I posted before...for sure West Wall and EK II, the two licenses and possibly a promotion citation. Can't remember now if there was anything else.
                            I was not aware they were sold to someone in UK. Klaus is your best bet to put you in touch if the buyer wants to be contacted.

/Ian
                            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Rob View Post
                              Yes - I remember coming across and reading about the '643' Soldbuch you have when I was researching this one. Actually, Lee just posted a Soldbuch over on HWMF to the very same unit! There's a good chance the three of these guys knew each other.

Best,
                              Rob
                              Very interesting thread and as always very well researched by Rob.

I just want to mention that I also have a Soldbuch of another "2./Pz.Jg.Abt. 643 Selbstfahrlafette" soldier (4 awards).

Regards, Matthias
                              Attached Files

Comment

Is that one for sale Mathias soon on the e-stand or are you just interested in receiving / fishing for an offer Thanks for posting

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X