No announcement yet.

Panzer Soldbuch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One looks like his best tunic and the other for the front, however his EK I was awarded 20.12.1944, he was appointed Fahnenjunker 1.11.1944, however if the same man, he has no EK I on the cap less photo.

Also he is still Felwebel on the PAB citation......

I think it is not the same man....he has put weight on if so....which could indicate time convalescing after a wound for example.

Will take another closer look later.

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Ian, he "only" won the EK II.

Angel
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
        Hairline can change, ears look similar but shape of face is different and so are the eyes

Otherwise a nice little group.....what we've been waiting to see

/Ian
        That's right Ian

But i think you never can have less hair in the middle which aren't show in the hair line from the soldbuch potrait. In the Portrait he has an triangle hair point in the middle and on his soldbuch portrait he doesn't have it. The sb picture was from an earlier time frame. What do you think?

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
          Ian, he "only" won the EK II.

Angel
          oops.....not got my glasses on ....was thinking you showed two pages of awards......

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Nice Soldbuch Angel! I agree that it's two different men in the photos.

Best,
            Rob

Comment

Angel,

You need to find a copy of this book:

Gustav W. Schrodek - Ihr Glaube galt dem Vaterland, Die Geschichte des Panzer Regiments 15

/Ian

Comment

Another nice group Angel.
                Jeff

Comment

Another super grouping, congratulations.

Comment

I have a doubt when I start researching this group, he was Oberfeldmeister in the RAD and then he was introduced in the Wehrmacht with the rank of Feldwebel so I wonder if he has earlier experience in the Heer or if he was directly transferred to the Heer with the Feldwebel rank?

As the Soldbuch is a first one and no information of previous service in the Heer I suppose he was transferred to the Panzers with the same rank he had in the RAD where, i guess, he has experience with heavy vehicles.

What is your opinion? Anyone has similar pieces?

Angel
                    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X