Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrpass

Hi All,
    Well, now that I got infected with the docu/dog tag-bug, slowly trying to build up a small collection. Here are my first two wehrpass (or wehrpasses?) What I notice going through the books were a few pages printed differently, pages 6-7, 23, 46-47 and 52. On page 52, one is printed directly on the page and the other book has two separate sheets of paper glued together to page 52. Did they have two books or was one an earlier book?

Thanks for looking,
    Rodney
    Wehrpass-cover.jpg
    Wehrpass-pg 6-7.jpg

[ATTACH]2243175[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]2243176[/ATTACH]

Comment

Page 52: glued on page,
      Wehrpass-pg 52.jpg
      Back cover:
      Wehrpass-back.jpg

Thank you for looking!!!

Comment

I went to the Documents Section on Wehrmacht-awards.com and found that my two wehrpass are mid-war books. Does anyone else have books (mid-war) that have different printed pages or glued on page to page 52?

Thank you,

Comment

The one on the left is the first style of the second type which first came about in 1938 I believe. The one on the right is an edited version.

On the reverse you will see the maker, "Metten & Co. Berlin SW 61", however on the right something written underneath...

It should be Neudruck - reprint followed by the date this edition was printed i.e. month and year.

I do not have any to hand at the moment but I seem to remember some have a notation on the inside front cover also with a date of reprint/amendment.

/Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hi Ian!!!
            You hit it right on the money! Didn’t pay much attention when I took the picture of the back covers. It was right where you said it would be printed under the Metten & Co. …....., “Neudruck februar 1939 (Reprinted February 1939)”. There is no date of reprint on the front cover. Like the soldbuch (which I found out), they revised the wehrpass too as the war went on.
            Thank you for your help !!,
            Rodney

Comment

You are welcome Rodney!

I will trawl through mine later to see different ones.....I went through this years ago but unfortunately lost my results!

/Ian
              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thank you Ian,
                Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and how many variations there are. Do you know if there’s a website on wehrpasse like the one for soldbucher (http://www.soldbuchweb.com/).

Please if you can post some of your wehrpasse.

Thank you again!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X