Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch with PAB 25 entry and all assault days

Gentlemen,

here is the Soldbuch of a soldier of Panzer-Regiment 24.

He went to Stalingrad in 1942/1943 and then his unit (I. Abteilung/ Panzer-Regiment 24) got the Panther (Pz V) tanks. He fought with his PANTHER-tank with 116. Panzer-Division from 01. July 1944 until November 1944 on the western front (see the assault days mentioned in the Soldbuch: Kommerscheidt and Rösslerhof) and then again in the east.

He earned:
    Award 01. October 1938
    Iron Cross 2nd Class
    (Black) Wound Badge
    (General) Assault Badge
    Iron Cross 1st Class
    Panzer Assault Badge 2nd Grade ("25")

Due to the fact that he was a (horse) cavalry man (Cavalry Regiment 21 of 1st Cavalry Division), he got the GAB. After becoming a Panzermann (Pz IV and Pz V) in the 24. Panzer-Division he was awarded the PAB 25.

I got his awards too, there was a Silver Wound Badge which is not mentioned in his Soldbuch - maybe it was forgotten to enter it...
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

...got his IC 1 on 01. April 1943 - just after the desaster of Stalingrad.

Maybe he was one of the few left after the battle of Stalingrad and so he got the award, just for being alive...?
              Attached Files

Comment

...after -26- assault days he got the PAB 25. Not counted are the many "defense days" he had to fight.

Sometimes I think: Up to 6 years war and only a few got the assault badges in higher grades. But always only assault days were counted, not the "normal" days...
                So 25 assault days maybe a high number because the soldier has to survive.
                How many soldiers died between assault day 1 and 24?
                Attached Files

Comment

ID - mentioned in the SB
                  Attached Files

Comment

If there are any sources for a good research - please tell me or post Your results.

I think the I. / Panzer-Regiment 24 is a very interesting unit because they fought in the east, then west and then again in the east (Hungary).

Comment

Very nice!

Try Jason Mark he is the WAF member jmark, the man wrote the book on the 24 PD
                      Last edited by naxos; 11-16-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walter1010de View Post
                        ...edit....
                        How many soldiers died between assault day 1 and 24?
                        Most of them.

Great book.

best
                        Hank
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Very nice . Thanks for sharing. I wish i had found it for my collection

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by walter1010de View Post
                            ...got his IC 1 on 01. April 1943 - just after the desaster of Stalingrad.

Maybe he was one of the few left after the battle of Stalingrad and so he got the award, just for being alive...?
                            That's a really nice Soldbuch!

If you look at Page 24, you can seen his authorisation for leave dated 2 November 1942. Looks like he was on furlough when Stalingrad was surrounded.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                              If you look at Page 24, you can seen his authorisation for leave dated 2 November 1942. Looks like he was on furlough when Stalingrad was surrounded.
                              Page 21 also has the stamp for Ortskommandantur I/442 and Wehrsold entries for late December 1942 and early jan 1943. Ortskommandantur I/442 was stationed in Shakhty from September 1942 onwards, which adds further evidence that this guy was outside the Stalingrad pocket. Quite a few elements of Pz.Rgt.24 were outside the pocket and they fought in various Kampfgruppen, and I dare say that this would be where this soldier earned the EK1.

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X