SS TK Soldbuch - Warsaw Ghetto "Grossaktion" 1943

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS TK Soldbuch - Warsaw Ghetto "Grossaktion" 1943

This Soldbuch (and Drivers Licence) used to be in my collection years ago, and currently resides in the hands of a fellow WAF member (who has approved of this thread). IMO, this piece is one of the rarest ID's associated with the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto Uprising you will ever see.

Pressed for time at the moment, I thought I would at least get this "up and running" for everyone to enjoy and have quickly "cut and pasted" some of my research about Posch below....

"Hundestaffel"

Three days after issuance of this "Ersatz" Soldbuch, Posch was wounded in action while now a member of a "Totenkopf" Reserve unit participating in the "Grossaktion" of the Warsaw Ghetto. Proof of this can be found in the 1979 edition [Pantheon Books] of "The Stroop Report", a day to day account of the Warsaw Ghetto Action [photo-copies from this book are included with this research]. Posch's SS rank, name, date of birth and unit he served with [4. Company SS Panzer Grenadier Reserve Battalion - unfortunately not listed in Posch's "Ersatz" SS Soldbuch] at the time of his being wounded are listed on page six of the original Report. Date of his wounding was listed as May 14, 1943. Posch was a member of the night assault unit listed in the original Report for that date [original Report pages seventy and seventy-one]. As four Waffen SS members are listed [by name (to include Posch) on page six of the original Report] as being wounded in a night action May 14, 1943, and all four Waffen SS members listed as wounded for that date are all from the same unit [4. Company SS Panzer Grenadier Reserve Battalion - of which Posch was at that time a member], it is clear that Josef Posch was indeed one of those wounded during the midnight firefight with Ghetto resistance members. Unfortunately, this wounding does not appear as being officially listed anywhere in Posch's "Ersatz" SS Soldbuch. The non-listing of Posch's Ghetto battle wounding may[?] have intentionally been done for security reasons.

Posch's fate is not known [date of last official "Erstaz" SS Soldbuch entry was March 4, 1944, from the Danzig-Matzkau SS and Police Punishment Camp], but should he have survived the war he surely would have been wanted by the Allies and Soviets in connection with War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity regarding his association with the Montelupich Prison in Krakow and his participation in the infamous 1943 Warsaw Ghetto "Grossaktion".
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Short note here - about 4 or 5 years ago I was able to track down relatives of Posch, and while initially willing to talk about certain aspects of Posch's WW2 military activities, they absolutely refused to talk about (but admitted to) Posch's involvement in the "Grossaktion". Unfortunately, the family members eventually tired of my interest / questions and finally ceased communication with me...

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Stunning!

Comment

Ss tk soldbuch

Very interesting document related to the Warsaw Ghetto uprising in 1943. Indeed, a very rare document, too!!! Thanks for showing this book!!!

Best regards,

Tom

Comment

A first-rate piece of history from the infamous "Grossaktion" at Warsaw. Unique, to say the least.

Comment

Very nice piece - especially with the actions he participated in being mentioned in The Stroop Report.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X