X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sturmgeschütz WH soldbuch opinions

Hello
    I have this sturmgeschütz WH soldbuch.
    The picture soldier in the soldbuch show that this man was in a feldgrau panzer jaket.
    My question is:
    This man was in the ART.RGT.59
    What was the armoured vehicle ?
    Sturmgeschütz ???
    Wespe ???
    Others ???
    He has a driving licence level 2.
    I need your help please....
    Thanks and have a nice day !!
    Olivier

Looks to be a member of the 13th Panzer Jager Komp of ? Jager Regiment 2 and not Artillery Regiment 59 at the end,

Chris

Comment

What you have here is not a Sturmgeschütz soldbuch but something much better and far less common.

At the time the photo was taken he belonged to the 13 Panzerjäger-flak kompanie of Ski Jäger Regiment 2 of the 1 Skijäger division.

the kompanie was equipped with towed 7.5cm pak40 and self-propelled 20mm flak guns.

This brigade and subsequently division was highly unusual in it's uniform style. Not only did they wear the sturmartillerie uniform (with GJ\jäger green waffenfarbe) but parts of the unit were also issued with the FJ helmet, the idea being it was more suitable for skiing.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi
        What vehicle ???
        Wespe ??
        SDKF ??
        Thanks to answer me !!
        Olivier

Comment

I already explained that

the kompanie was equipped with towed 7.5cm pak40 and self-propelled 20mm flak guns.
          the flak guns in the gliederung show up as being on tracked vehicles so i think either single barrel flak38s on pz.I chassis or more likely mounted on sdkfz.10 halft-tracks. The PAKs were towed, either by wheeled vehicles, half-tracks or perhaps even RSOs. Of course this guy could just as easily driven an opel or kubelwagen
          Last edited by Simon O.; 06-12-2011, 08:31 AM.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
            What you have here is not a Sturmgeschütz soldbuch but something much better and far less common.

I'll definitely agree with "Far less common," but as for "much better" well..... That statement is open for debate

And yes, the self propelled Flak vehicles were probably SdKfz.10/4s or 10/5s.

Nice Soldbuch - Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rob

Comment

Ski Jager Division

Yes, a uncommon soldbuch indeed. Finding a soldbuch to the ski jager division with their unique uniform choice in wear for the photo is a great catch.

Sorry Rob but I would like this one over a stug abt. !

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Luke View Post
                Sorry Rob but I would like this one over a stug abt. !

To each his own

Rob

Comment

You'll have to look out for one to panzerjäger abteilung 152 Rob, the divisions stug abteilung

Comment

You'll have to look out for one to panzerjäger abteilung 152 Rob, the divisions stug abteilung

Now you're talking

Rob

Comment

Ski Jäger Regiment 2 of the 1 Skijäger division

Just for fun: just bought broken dog tag of this rarely seen unit
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X