Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wehrpas

Hello all,
    Can you help on this one, have been sorting through lots of letters etc, and came across this wehrpas. Didn't have time to look too closely but I think it had a krim, gen assault & ek2 award docs with it. I have a book that explains what should be on each page, so is it possible anyone can tell me what actions he was involved in listed on these pages.

Hi,

Its hard to read but from what I can see there are some operations in the Ukraine in the area of the Reich Commisars. Cant make out much else though!

Comment

Paul,

Try to cross-reference unit entries with likely locations for the given units in Tessin at the relevant times. That is one way of becoming more familiar with "difficult" handwriting and the events your man was probably involved in.

/David

Comment

Thanks David,
        what did you mean by the ref to Tessin (is it a place), and where would you get info on different units etc, Translating German and the style of handwriting used seems a difficult task.

Originally posted by Frosch
        Paul,

Try to cross-reference unit entries with likely locations for the given units in Tessin at the relevant times. That is one way of becoming more familiar with "difficult" handwriting and the events your man was probably involved in.

/David

Comment

Paul,

Tessin was the author of the accepted standard OOB work of all German units from 1939-45.

A few years ago, I paid plenty of money for my 19 volumes that sit not three feet from my desk, and are certainly among my more frequently used reference books.

If I remember correctly, the books are also available on CD and have recently been selling for a fraction of the price of the paper edition on German eBay. A seller by the name of munich123456 seems to offer this and other useful CDs fairly regularly, but I have no idea if he is reliable or not. Detlev Niemann has also offered this CD recently.

I am sure that other forum members can tell you more about the CD version, but I have never regretted the investment in my books. I have never calculated what I have saved in terms of avoiding documents that are certainly not what they claim to be, according to the information contained in Tessin, but the investment is certainly worthwhile if you are interested in the organisation of the German armed forces from 1939 to 1945 and collecting related documents.

Do a forum search on "Tessin" and see what you turn up.

/David

Comment

The non-typed bits:

13.8 - 25.8.41 - Eroberung der Halbinsel ostwards ??
            26.8. - 17.10.41 Säuberung der Halbinsel Kinburn Halbinsel
            18.10.41 - 25.10.41 Durchbruchkampfe auf die Enge Perekop
            26.10. - 6.11.41 - Verfolgungskämpfe auf der Krim
            7.11.41 - 3.12.41 - Kampfe im Festungsvorfeld vom Sewastapol

5.11.43 - 7.1.44 Kampfe mit Banden im Raum von Kovel
            10.1.44 - 10.3.44 Abwehrkampfe sudlich des Pripjet ( Horyn, Styr, ?? - these are rivers that ran from north to south across the Soviet advance from Kiev to Kovel in spring 1944)
            17.3.44 - 20.3.44 Verteidigung des ? ? Kovel (Kampfe in und ? Kovel)

The 1941 entries indicate the man served with 50. Infanteriedivision. They were the only major unit that was involved in the sealing off of the Kinburn Peninsula. In fact only certain elements of the division were - I have wehrpass from Inf Regt 122 with the same entries - http://www.percy.clara.co.uk/kurthoyer.htm

The 1943/44 entries are for a unit from the far right flank of 2. Armee - (possibly 203 Security or 1 Ski-Jaeger) belonging to XXIII Korps and later LVI Panzer Korps.

Comment

wehrpas

Apologies also for posting in the wrong forum.

Comment

Wehrpass

Is your wehrpass for sale, Paul?

I like Wehrpässe/Soldbücher with antpartisan-fighting entries.

Comment

Sorry Ludwig,
                  not at the minute.

Originally posted by Ludwig
                  Is your wehrpass for sale, Paul?

I like Wehrpässe/Soldbücher with antpartisan-fighting entries.

Comment

Are you able to show us the units?

Comment

Gary,
                      I will take a few scans over the weekend and post them here.

Originally posted by Gary T

Comment

Gary,
                        As promised

Originally posted by Gary T

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X