EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Führerhauptquartier-Kommandant Sonderausweis to a SS-Officer, 20.July 1944 connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
    That is one hell of a cool piece of history.

Thanks

Rob

Comment

This Sonderausweis is amazing! What a wonderful piece of history for a soldier at a historical place. Few can really say that they have anything close to this I love it.. just awesome. Thanks for showing it Rob!

Comment

Rose is right, a rare piece that survived very chaotic, historical times.

Comment

Rob

Truly a wonderful piece. It looks as stunning today as the first time I saw it at Helmut's. Thanks for showing this treasure again.

G

Comment

Rose, Lee, Mr. Hanson.... As always, thanks for your complements my friends.

Rob

Comment

Rob...your Ausweis proves what I've often said, namely...if you lurk long enough on this site you will be rewarded with a glimpse of the very occasional super rare items. Thanks very much for sharing.

Bob

Comment

Very interesting piece of history, and a well-made presentation. All the extra effort put into the thread makes the item much more interesting, thanks for taking the time!

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPS View Post
                  Very interesting piece of history, and a well-made presentation. All the extra effort put into the thread makes the item much more interesting, thanks for taking the time!

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hartman View Post
                    Rob...your Ausweis proves what I've often said, namely...if you lurk long enough on this site you will be rewarded with a glimpse of the very occasional super rare items. Thanks very much for sharing.

Bob

Bob-

I'm often amazed at the amazing (and sometimes extremely rare) material that is shared here on WAF; there are some incredible pieces tucked away in collections around the world and I wanted to contribute something of that caliber. I'm glad to see so many of you enjoyed viewing this ID

Rob

Comment

Really great! Pity his ID tag isn't mentioned in his files

Comment

Rob,

that Id is amazing and one that I have never seen. Congratulations on a very very rare ID!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by PzV View Post
                          Rob,

that Id is amazing and one that I have never seen. Congratulations on a very very rare ID!

Jim

Jim- Thanks very much! Coming from you that is a true complement

Rob

Comment

Below are scans of an early FHQ Sonderausweis and accompanying document currently being offered for sale by a German dealer. Thanks to my good friend Henner for sending me the images. I would not have seen them had he not sent them over

Does anyone here happen to have any FHQ Sonderausweis in their collections which they can share?

Thanks!
                            Rob
                            Attached Files

Comment

A special identity card for Rolf Bergmann, in GD Fuehrerhauptquartier. Based on photos and other material in this grouping I believe he was Schmundt's driver.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Studio portrait of Rolf Bergmann and a small ID size photo of Schmundt that was with the grouping. There are also two letters from Schmundt to Bergmann from the time after he is tranfered with GD to the Russian Front.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X