• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great grouping Thomas.

Thanks for showing it here on WAF.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Agree with the previous comments. Nothing more to add, but it is not every day a gold spange turns up!

He was awarded the Silver and within 2 days it was upgraded to the Gold. With that many close combat days and still be in uniform at the end of the war Weinland had more than a little luck.

Interestingly his father's employment is listed as "Zugführer". Since they lived in the Saar I wonder if he was working in some capacity with the DAF?

Comment

Very nice grouping!
        Thanks for posting it.
        I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
        Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
        My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Spectacular, Thomas! It's not often one sees IDs with CCC in gold award entries!

Congratulations.
          Rob

Comment

This gruping is amazing ! Congratulation and thanks to show us

Comment

Very nice group! The CCC in gold is spectacular and together with the few extra documents and pictures it really is a percect group! Thanks for showing!

By the way: all this guy ever used to earn his CCCiG was a measly K98 and a pistol? Wow! He must have had nerves of steal!

Comment

Originally posted by Jochen1000 View Post
                Very nice group! The CCC in gold is spectacular and together with the few extra documents and pictures it really is a percect group! Thanks for showing!

By the way: all this guy ever used to earn his CCCiG was a measly K98 and a pistol? Wow! He must have had nerves of steal!
                Perfect group, wow!

By the way: Sometimes they have to use their bare hands to earn the CCC. I think sometimes they would have been glad to have a K98 or a pistol in the close combat fightings...

Comment

Thomas- Wahnsinn- super Soldbuch!! Rarer than a Knights Cross entry!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by PzV View Post
                    Thomas- Wahnsinn- super Soldbuch!! Rarer than a Knights Cross entry!

Jim
                    And in my opinion, also much more impressive

Rob

Comment

Nice solbuch and documents.
                      I see only fist and second page with the nahkampftage, could you also post the others? 13 until 50? Or do they not show in the solbuch.

Comment

Very nice Thomas!!!!!

It would be nice to know why he does not show up in modern references....perhaps an unknown? Or perhaps not recognised as a CCCiG holder.......either way the entries are 100% genuine!

Perhaps a letter to Manfred Dörr is in order!

/Ian
                        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

@ Wilco Vermeer Only this one was show but he have the other days very late maybe for that he was not listed in any time ( I think in may 45 the have more to do than listed )

@ Ian Yes I think unknown

Regrads Thomas

Comment

@ Wilco Vermeer Only this one was show but he have the other days very late maybe for that he was not listed in any time ( I think in may 45 the have more to do than listed )
                            That should be strange, if he received the golden in April 1945 as the entry states, then the data should also be prior to that date. This makes the entry questionable.

Comment

Wilco, I see nothing suspicious with the missing CC days page, mayself has Soldbuch to soldiers awarded the CCCiB and no page with CC days, other with just 13 and his citation clear states that he has 15 and other with several pages with 3, 5 or even 32 CC days, maybe he lost the page with the rest of the CC days or handle it in order to receive the award and never returned.....

By the way I am drooling just with the view of this wonderfull group.

Angel
                              Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Hi,

The silver CCC entry, the date 20 april 1945 and writing with signature is very authentic, and fits the nice picture of Weinland.

Unfortunately after a further look I am not too excited on this group. In fact, I am rather disappointed that the Soldbuch has been deliberately ruined by the entry only with the goal to make it more valuable

The reasons I think this:

A gold CCC entry just 2 days after the silver CCC on 22 april 1945..... I find that a bit strange.

The entry was made by Maj Gäde. He was imprisoned as of 30 march 1945. I find that even stranger.

If Weinland got in prison at the end of 1945 as you state, did he then visit Major Gäde in his POW camp on 22 04 1945 to get this CCC in Gold entry in his Soldbuch ? Is that a stamp? Would he still have the authority to give such a high award?

Next to this I think the writing (font) of the entry is not period.

Receiving the CCC in gold would give the right to receive the German Cross in Gold without any further restrictions (Fuehrer befehl). There is no entry of a German Cross in Gold being awarded.

His recieving the CCC in Gold is not registered anywhere.

Again, just my thoughts.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X