SS ID disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS ID disc

I see on other threads that some of you guys are very knowledgable about decifering these discs. I purchased half a disc a while back that was supposably found on a dig on the Eastern front. Can anyone help me with decifering it, and give any history about it's background?

On the front the disc says at the top "3/6", and below that, "SS TOTENKOPFVERBANDE".
    On the back of the disc, it has the number "48".

Any help with this would be appreciated; the disc does appear as though it was in the ground for a long time.

Sorry guys; I looked closer at the text on the disc (it is quite aged) and it says "TOTENKOPFSTANDARTE", not "TOTENKOPFVERBANDE"; sorry!

Comment

One more thing; apparently I do not have posting rights yet: I have good photos of this disc but cannot attach them! Suggestions?

Comment

You can only post photos by becoming an Association Member....

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/payments.php

Alternate method is to post your photos to a photo hosting site, and link to the site in your posts.

There are advantages to becoming a member . In addition to being able to post photos, you can access the "Members Only" areas, and sell on the E-Stand.

Welcome to the forum. You'll enjoy it, here.

Cheers,
        Bob.
        I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Thought I was a member; I have been on this site for a couple of years, 99% of the time in the helmet forum; have posted pictures there numerous times????

Comment

Hello

The dogtag is from 3.Hundertschaft (Kompanie/coy) of the SS Totenkopfstandarte 6.

Here are some Infos in german:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...tenkopf6-R.htm

A Hundertschaft is a coy equivalent and a Hundertschaft is a regimental equivalent.

Best regards, Fronti

Comment

here are the photos of the tag in question
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics Kent; does anyone know where this unit operated in the East, and opinions on whether it is real??

Comment

The Dog Tag is a true/real one. Those tags are from a small numbers of early Totenkopf Units, so you can presume that this is rare..

Kind Regards

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by fireguyfire View Post
                    Thanks for posting the pics Kent; does anyone know where this unit operated in the East, and opinions on whether it is real??
                    The SS Totenkopf Standarte saw action in Norway (Sandefjord) after may 1940.
                    At the end of february 1941 the Standarte was renamed into SS-Infanterie-Regiment 6 (mot) and swa action in the Kampfgruppe Nord in Norway.

Best regards, Fronti

Comment

Thought I was a member; I have been on this site for a couple of years, 99% of the time in the helmet forum; have posted pictures there numerous times????
                      You are indeed a member, but not a paid Association Member. Did you change your screen name, or let your paid membership lapse?.....Your profile shows that you joined in March, 2009, and have only 9 posts, none with photos.

Nice dogtag, by the way...
                      I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

My mistake; I post regularily on a few sites re; helmets, and must have confused my posts.

Great to hear this tag is real and rare; anyone have an idea of value?

Comment

anyone have an idea of value?
                          For a half zinc grounddug ??? Not more than 40 Euros. (50 $)

Best regards, Fronti

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X