Wehrpaß - Soldbuch Oder Front 1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrpaß - Soldbuch Oder Front 1945

Does anyone has some Wehrpaß or Soldbuch to show from soldiers that fought on the Oderfront in 1945? Preferbably but not necesarry are the places Stettin, Altdamm, Mescherin, Stargard and Prenzlau. Many thanks! Due research purposes.

I have a few Soldbücher to SS and Heer personnel, including one SS-Soldbuch to a soldier who served with "30.Januar" - he survived the the Oder front and was KIA in the Halbe pocket... however none of them are fully researched yet and I have no plans on posting them online anytime soon.

Rob

Comment

I would be very interrested to see those kind of documents as well

Rob, do any of those happen to be in your "For sale" box?
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
        I have a few Soldbücher to SS and Heer personnel, including one SS-Soldbuch to a soldier who served with "30.Januar" - he survived the the Oder front and was KIA in the Halbe pocket... however none of them are fully researched yet and I have no plans on posting them online anytime soon.

Rob
        Rob, I am more interested in the Time - Place - unit, I do not necesarry need to see them or it should be from the placenames given above. Everything can be arranged in private. Many thanks for your comment, Rob. Also you Rik.

Comment

Originally posted by HouweTrouwe View Post
          Rob, I am more interested in the Time - Place - unit, I do not necesarry need to see them or it should be from the placenames given above. Everything can be arranged in private. Many thanks for your comment, Rob. Also you Rik.
          I hope i can find some time next week, then i´ll jump into some books for you.
          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Thanks Rik. Original question up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post

Rob, do any of those happen to be in your "For sale" box?

No.

Rob

Comment

I´m checking my books now, but it proves harder then i thought.. most are about the area below that.

Found this single info so far, it might help you:

Officer Cadet Corporal Hans Kirchhof who was in Fortress Gun-turret Company 12/11 said that his Company and 2 other gun-turret company´s
                concisted of 3 platoons (zug´s) each with 4 turrets in each zug. Each turret had a crew of 5 man.
                Hans went to Küstrin, but wrote that at least one company (with 12 turrets as well) went to Stettin.
                Oh, and those gun turrets are Panther tank turrets, they where supposed to be put on a woodenframe, with a earth/wood dug-out (bunker).

Comment

I assume you allready know the "big" units involved in the attack from Stargard ?

Comment

Oh and almost forgot, this unit as well: 1. Marine-Infanterie-Division
                    I got a Verwundetenzettel which is most likely from that unit: Click me.

Comment

Wow, i did not expect it, but i was able to find out which Panther-turret unit was in Stettin!

Für den Osten:
                      (Aufstellung gefordert durch Org.Abt. am 19.11.1944 mit v.b. zum 31.12.1944)
                      Festungs-(Pantherturm) Kp. 1211
                      Festungs-(Pantherturm) Kp. 1212
                      Festungs-(Pantherturm) Kp. 1213 (23.3.1945 Kp. im Brückenkopf Stettin zerschlagen, gilt als aufgelöst)
                      So, 1211 went to Küstrin and 1212 must have been to Frankfurt an der Oder (as that was the last city name of the 3 mentioned).
                      Last edited by Admiraal; 07-18-2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X