No announcement yet.

SS Soldbuch HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you say erichcraciun that the photo was reapplied ?

As Ian say, here the Panzergrenadier Regiment 1 is not from LAH but n° 1 of the "Hohenstaufen" a very typical writing for the infanterie unit of this division.

Comment

Was the Ehrenwinkel later awarded for merit or valour? I don't have any books at hand in the office, but this sounds familiar. Still I would think that he was also had other higher awards before earning this. Certainly an interesting foto.

Comment

Thanks Gents, as you can see the photo has not been tampered with and is original wartime to the book, do you gents agree?

Cheers,
        David.

Comment

I dont have the total regulation for the "SS Chevrons". Of course this german guy born in 1924 is to young for the classic awarding... The question is clear : is "the Ater Kämpfer Ehrenwinkel" can be awared on other condition than :
          1) members of the SS, NSDAP etc prior to 30 january 1933
          2) idem for austrian members who joined an Nazi organisation prior 12 february 1938
          3) members of Police or Wehrmacht directly transfered to SS until 25 july 1935.

Comment

Hi all -

Is it possible that this man was permitted to wear the chevron because he had belonged to the Jungvolk or HJ prior to 1933?

George

Comment

Originally posted by George Lepre View Post
              Hi all -

Is it possible that this man was permitted to wear the chevron because he had belonged to the Jungvolk or HJ prior to 1933?

George
              Very interesting point, any other thoughts on this from anyone else?

Cheers,
              Dave.

Comment

Here is some very good information regarding the Ehrenwinkel and its award to Members of the HJ:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=barkmann

Thanks to Gran Sasso for this.

Erich

Comment

Rarity

Is a SS soldbuch like this considered rare? what would be considered a fair price for one like this?

Heer panzer soldbuchs seem to be in the $300-500 range. I know SS Panzer related soldbuchs seem to much more expensive.

any sort of metric would be useful.

Thanks, Bill

Comment

I think I remember reading that early member of the HJ were allowed to wear the Altke Kampfer badge as well.
                    http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X