Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding, Graham.

Superb photo indeed.....

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

GREAT !

Comment

Someone must have found a stash of Soldbücher from this unit, as I've seen several recently (unfortunately, I don't own any).
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
            Someone must have found a stash of Soldbücher from this unit, as I've seen several recently (unfortunately, I don't own any).
            Jeff
            That is indeed quite possible, or else a "Long Time" collector who specialized in such material has decided to change collecting themes or get out of the madness altogether (this seems to also have happened recently - meaning over the last 2 years or so - with "Bismarck" related Wehrpasses). All it takes is for your (ex) wife to call her favorite greasy Lawyer and you'll quickly be saying goodbye to the "Children".....

At any rate, this is indeed a fantastic (and rare) Soldbuch, clearly "issue free".

Congratulations once again, Graham...

"Hundestaffel"
            Last edited by Hundestaffel; 07-08-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks H.

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
              Someone must have found a stash of Soldbücher from this unit, as I've seen several recently.Jeff

I am not so sure about a "stash" of these, but I know of three others besides the one posted, and one of those three also resides in my collection. The two I have, have been in my collection for about 3 years.

All of these soldbucher belonged to senior ranks. Two belonged to SS-Stuscha, one to an SS-Hscha and one to an SS-Uscha.

All soldbucher exhibit the "SS-Ausbildungsabteilung Konitz" stamp and also exhibit a round eagle document stamp. However, there are three different numbers under the eagle on these stamps.

One of the holders was transferred to KdS Brunn and one to BdS Den Haag, and as we have seen from above, one was killed before being transferred anywhere.

Although Konitz was an SS training facility, it was also one of the meeting & drop off points for Einsatzgruppe operations in the East. There was also a Gestapo office, and a Gestapo run prison in the vicinity.

It is quite possible that because all of these SS-NCO soldbucher exhibit the Ausbildungsabteilung stamp in the SB, they all actually belonged to this training unit however, taking into account that three of these definately belonged to the SiPo or SD, I find it a little hard to believe that all of them were 'training' NCO's or NCO's under 'training'.
              Last edited by SiPo; 07-08-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                Well, if you're taking orders, put me down for some Totenkopf, Das Reich, and a little Wiking for desert

Rob
                Hi Rob,

I don't think you have had desert yet,I'll serve some up even though I hope the feast continues.....

Here is some "Crumble Cake"
                Attached Files

Comment

Crumble Cake

image#2
                  Attached Files

Comment

Crumble Cake

Image#3
                    Attached Files

Comment

Crumble Cake

Image#4
                      Attached Files

Comment

Crumble Cake

Image#5
                        Attached Files

Comment

Crumble Cake

Image#6
                          Attached Files

Comment

Crumble Cake

Image#7
                            Attached Files

Comment

Crumble Cake

Image#8
                              Attached Files

Comment

Crumble Cake

Image#9
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X