• Show
Clear All

----
    Attached Files

Comment

-----
      Attached Files

Comment

Another great Soldbuch Barry! That is one of the best Normandy related Pz Lehr Division Soldbuchs I have seen on this forum. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very nice, Barry! I take it you were the lucky one who scored this via Historical Media back in April 2009? Rick had a nice Pz.Rgt.4/2.Pz.Div. "Normandy '44" Soldbuch and award document grouping in the same update which also sold very quickly.

Thanks for sharing it with us!
          Rob

Comment

I want to share this new Stug grouping that i resently acquired.
            It includes the Soldbuch, Arbeitsbuch, 4x führerschein, EKII document, Verw.Abz. document, pre-war soldier enlistment paper and a bunch of other war-time and postwar document (including many French POW documents).

I havn't fully researched it yet, but this is what i quickly found out today:
            Unfortunately it is a Zweitschrift soldbuch from oktober 1944, but i can still see allot of info in it.
            Jakob started his army career in 1936 till 1938 in the Panzer-Abwehr kompanie of Infanterie-Regiment 111.

In 1939 he was called up again.
            I don't know in which units he served early war, but his Erkennungsmarke says: 1./s.Art. Abt. 108.

Due to his Kriegsstammrolle number (27/43) i can see that he was with 1./Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 341 somewhere in 1943.
            They also noted his March 1944 leave in the Soldbuch (page 23).

He got wounded for the first time on 27 august 1944, Stu.Br.341 was in Normandy at that time, and fought hard battles near Provins, Sezanne and Epernay.
            The second time that jakob got wounded was on 9 oktober 1944. I think Stu.Br.341 fought defensive battles at Aachen at that time?
            He got his EKII on 18 oktober 1944 from the Kdr. of the 353 Infanterie-Division. Around that time Stu.Br. 341 fought together with the 353 ID.
            On the 1st of november 1944 he got wounded for the third time. I think Stu.Br.341 was in the Hürtgenwald (again) at that time.
            Jakob should have gotten a Verwundetenabzeichen in Silver, but its not noted in the Soldbuch.

Late 1944/early 1945 Jakob was healed and back at Stu.Br.341.
            He got his Zweitschrift Führerschein issued on 5 januari 1945 in the field.
            Just in time for the Ardennes Offensive. Part of the Brigade took part in it (no idea which part?).
            Jakob got his Sturmabzeichen on 28 januari 1945, so there is a good chance that he took part in the Ardennes offensive.

Jakob was issued a new P.38 pistol on 27 februari 1945, by this time his unit had retreated to the Rhine.
            And he got a shot against "Fleckfiber" on 7 march 1945.
            Those are the last entries. He was captured by the US forces later on.
            As POW he worked for the French untill he was released in 1947.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Admiraal; 04-16-2013, 05:28 PM.
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

More:
              Attached Files
              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Last:
                Attached Files

Comment

That's a very nice complete group Rick!

With the Normandy, Hürtgen, and potential Bulge connection I would say there is plenty to research.

Cannot see very cleary, but it looks like the EK II doc is a variation I have not seen before with the border around it on the outside.

Comment

Thanks!
                    Apart from the typed versions, its the "cheapest" EKII document version that i have seen.
                    Probably printed in the field.

Comment

Yes, it could be a field printed version. If so, it's an interesting late-war variation.

Regarding the Soldbuch, even without the photo it is a nice one. Looks like you still have the photo of him from the Führerschein and others taken post-war which compliment the group in that regard.

Comment

Nice one Rick!

Thanks for sharing it with us and for bringing this thread back to the top

Rob

Comment

I'll bring this thread back to the top with this Soldbuch to Uffizier Friedheim Guder, who served with the 2. Batterie of (Panzer-)Artillerie-Regiment 78, part of the 7. Panzer-Division, during the entire war from 1939 until he was severely wounded in the Kurland area in September 1944.

A nice portrait photo tucked away behind his POW release document.
                          Attached Files

Comment

And his units. Guder was awarded the Ostmedaille and the Verwundetenabzeichen.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice on Tim! Thanks for sharing it with us and for bringing the thread back to the top

Best,
                              Rob

Comment

Not posted in here for a while......here is a Soldbuch to Oblt. Willi Weber with Aufkl. Zug, 9 Kp. and 11 (Stug) Kp., Pz.Rgt. 24.

/Ian
                                Attached Files
                                Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X