No announcement yet.

Lets see your Panzer crew member Soldbuchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked and there is nothing of that nature in the SB. I have found another Pz.Jäger.Abt 181 stamp though that shows he was with the Abt from September 1944.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
      I wanted to share this uncommon soldbuch with the Panzer fans here, i think it fits this thread (if not, tell me and i´ll ask it to be moved).
      This soldbuch isn´t from a panzer crew member on the inside, but actualy from a special "crew" member on top of the vehicle! (only for Sturmgeschütz and Jagdpanzers).

First some background information.
      On the 10th of oktober 1944 an order came out to create special Grenadier-Begleit units to ride on and attack with Sturmgeschütz and Jagdpanzers.
      They were extra eyes, ears and protection for these panzers.
      The official order:

"Der Generalinspekteur der Panzertruppen: Aufstellung von Grenadier-
      Begleitzügen für Sturmgeschütz- und Jagdpanzer-Einheiten: 10.10.1944"

After allot of searching i actualy found that specific order.
      This order tells in detail what this unit should be made of, and its job.
      Its about 12 pages long, but to make a long story short, it tells to following:

* Each Stug/JagdPz gets 5 soldiers on top.
      * These soldiers are to receive special training.
      * These soldier are: 1 leader, 3 soldiers and 1 pionier.
      * The soldiers used are to be the best fighters (Einzelkämpfer) from the Division.
      * These soldier are to be equipped with Stg.44´s.

It also says that after training it should be noted in the personal papers of the soldier that they can only be used as begleit grenadier for the panzers.
      (See the top-right corner of page 4 of my soldbuch).

First some screenshots of the official order:

Rick-

That's a really cool and interesting Begleit-Grenadier Soldbuch you have shown! I like the additional information you have posted - had not seen that before, and so thanks for sharing it. I have added it to my archives.

Thanks for posting this here!!

Rob

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=389635

Hopefully the link works, this guy must have served in the same role as above?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Luke View Post
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=389635

Hopefully the link works, this guy must have served in the same role as above?
          I would say so, yes.

Comment

Here's a super Soldbuch I recently acquired for a member of SS-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 5 (SS Reconnaissance Battalion 5) of the 5. SS Panzer Division "Wiking." The Soldbuch is a Zweitschrift (Second Issue), which I like, because it has a super photo of its owner, SS-Unterscharführer Karl Bartsch wearing an assault gun wrapper with E.K. II and Ostmedaille ribbons (the photo was taken when he was a Rottenführer). The Soldbuch was issued on 26 September 1944 by the Stab (Headquarters) of SS-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 5 and signed by SS-Obersturmführer Erich Stichnoth, a recipient of the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (German Cross in Gold) and Nahkampfspange in Gold (Close Combat Clasp in Gold). Stichnoth's signature appears nine times in the Soldbuch. Bartsch was well-equipped for combat, having been issued a P-38 pistol, a compass, binoculars, a flashlight, a machine pistol - an Italian one nonetheless (presumably a Beretta Model 38 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_Model_38#Variants), and a flare gun. During his service, Bartsch earned the E.K. II, Ostmedaille, Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Nahkampfspange in Bronze, and the Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen in Gold (Driver's Proficiency Badge in Gold). Bartsch was taken prisoner at the end of the war and was released from captivity on 18 April 1947, nearly two years after he was captured.

Barry
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Stormfighter; 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

--
              Attached Files

Comment

---
                Attached Files

Comment

----
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great one Barry, love the photo

Comment

Originally posted by Stormfighter View Post
                      Here's a super Soldbuch I recently acquired for a member of SS-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 5 (SS Reconnaissance Battalion 5) of the 5. SS Panzer Division "Wiking." The Soldbuch is a Zweitschrift (Second Issue), which I like, because it has a super photo of its owner, SS-Unterscharführer Karl Bartsch wearing an assault gun wrapper with E.K. II and Ostmedaille ribbons (the photo was taken when he was a Rottenführer). The Soldbuch was issued on 26 September 1944 by the Stab (Headquarters) of SS-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 5 and signed by SS-Obersturmführer Erich Stichnoth, a recipient of the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (German Cross in Gold) and Nahkampfspange in Gold (Close Combat Clasp in Gold). Stichnoth's signature appears nine times in the Soldbuch. Bartsch was well-equipped for combat, having been issued a P-38 pistol, a compass, binoculars, a flashlight, a machine pistol - an Italian one nonetheless (presumably a Beretta Model 38 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_Model_38#Variants), and a flare gun. During his service, Bartsch earned the E.K. II, Ostmedaille, Sturmabzeichen in Silver, Nahkampfspange in Bronze, and the Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen in Gold (Driver's Proficiency Badge in Gold). Bartsch was taken prisoner at the end of the war and was released from captivity on 18 April 1947, nearly two years after he was captured.

Barry

Once again, nice score Barry I wasn't surprised to see it marked "SOLD" when I logged onto Rick's update - a few hours too late

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Rob View Post
                        Once again, nice score Barry I wasn't surprised to see it marked "SOLD" when I logged onto Rick's update - a few hours too late

Rob
                        Super Waffen SS Soldbuch with an outstanding photo of the holder. I have never seen the 'Ration Issued' stamping on the back of a POW discharge cert. before.

Comment

What a beauty Barry.
                          Steve

Comment

Panzer Grenadier Lehr Regiment 901 Soldbuch

This is one of my favorite Normandy Soldbuecher, which was issued to Obergefreiter Werner Lehmann. Before he was assigned to the 3./Panzer Grenadier Lehr Regiment 901, he served in the infantry, earning the Black Wound Badge and Infantry Assault Badge in Bronze in 1941, and the Eastern Front Medal in 1942. In his Soldbuch photo, you can see the ribbon for the Eastern Front Medal and his Infantry Assault Badge, which he wears on his assault gun wrapper. Lehmann fought at Normandy and was wounded a second time by a bullet on 1 September 1944. After recovering, he returned to his unit and was wounded a third time by shrapnel on 10 January 1945 during the Ardennes Offensive, and thus was awarded the Wound Badge in Silver. This wound was his saving grace since he apparently was hospitalized for the remainder of the war (the wound/wounds were apparently severe). The Soldbuch includes the award documents for the Eastern Front Medal and the Wound Badge in Silver.

Barry

P.S. I would appreciate it if anyone could identify any signatures in the Soldbuch.
                            Attached Files

Comment

--
                              Attached Files

Comment

---
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 74 users online. 0 members and 74 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X