Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJ View Post
            Nice additions to your collection Rob!

Jeremy

Thanks, Jeremy

Rob

Comment

Impressive collection of GD Panzer/Stug related Soldbücher Rob. I see you have been very busy! I particularly liked the photo of Hollweg in the first Soldbuch.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
                Impressive collection of GD Panzer/Stug related Soldbücher Rob. I see you have been very busy! I particularly liked the photo of Hollweg in the first Soldbuch.

Thanks Jerry! Glad you like them

Rob

Comment

WOW that is a beautiful SB! I really like the picture of him in the FG wrapper!
                  Steve

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                  Next up is a Soldbuch to a member of Sturmgeschütz-Batterie "Großdeutschland" which was issued to Johann Wollmann on 27.June 1940 through leichte-Art.Ers.Abt.116. Wollmann
                  served first in the Stabsbatterie/Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 192 which, on 07.Feb.1941, was renamed Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung "Großdeutschland." After the renaming, Wollmann served initially in the 2.Batterie/StuG.Abt."Großdeutschland" then the Stabsbatterie, and finally from late 1944 through wars end in the Versorgungskompanie/StuG.Brigade "Großdeutschland" which, from September onwards was part of Panzergrenadier-Division "Brandenburg."

Wollmann was awarded the black wound badge and EKII in late 1941 through StuG.Abt.192, then the eastern front medal in 1942 and the KVK.II with swords in January of 1944; both
                  of these through StuG.Abt."Großdeutschland." The Soldbuch is chock full of entries including one that notes Wollmann received a P38 on 5.April 1945. There's an entry in Czech on page3 dated 10.May 1945: "Hlášen na pos. vel. (posádkovém velitelství) Tábor" (translation: Reported on garrison headquarters, city of "Tábor") and a second entry on page 8c:
                  "Zbraně odevzdal v obci Bernardov okres K. Hora" which, when translated, says "Weapons handed over in the village of Bernardov, district Kutná Hora." Many thanks to member
                  "bubble" for assistance with the translations!

It's difficult to see them in the scan but Wollmann's "GD" embroidered ciphers are definitely visible on his shoulder straps in his portrait photo.

Comment

Fabulous Rob!
                    Steve
                    Here's a Soldbuch to a member of Panzer-Regiment "Brandenburg" who started out in Pz.Rgt.26 (Pz.Rgt.26 was officially re-designated Panzer-Regiment "Brandenburg" in January 1945). No awards listed unfortunately, but there's a nice portrait photo of him wearing a black wrap and on page 11 there's an entry which states he is cleared to serve in tropical climates.

Comment

This is really a wonderful grouping!
                      Again, being a foto collector, I really like this showing the GD on the straps!
                      Great addition, one I would love to own!
                      Steve

Last for now, just a super Soldbuch, Wehrpass, photo and document grouping to a member of Panzer-Regiment "Großdeutschland" who won his PAB in silver in September 1944 serving as a Panther crew member

Rob

Comment

Thanks Steve Glad you like them. It would be nice to see some other "Großdeutschland" related Panzer, StuG and other AFV (armored fighting vehicle) crew member Soldbücher and Wehrpässe posted. I know there are at least a few collectors here who like to focus on "GD" IDs - perhaps they have some they can share with us.

Rob

Comment

Anyone else have any Panzer/StuG or other AFV crew IDs they'd like to share?

Best,
                          Rob

Comment

Somehow I missed these last Soldbücher of you, Rob! Thanks for sharing them, real nice soldbücher!

Although, one point Rob: Do you like the Panzerkampftagesheet of that last Soldbuch group? No stamps, no confirmation by a commander..
                            -I am not giving an opinion, and could be wrong, but just ask your opinion!-

Comment

Originally posted by dennisb View Post
                              Somehow I missed these last Soldbücher of you, Rob! Thanks for sharing them, real nice soldbücher!

Although, one point Rob: Do you like the Panzerkampftagesheet of that last Soldbuch group? No stamps, no confirmation by a commander..
                              -I am not giving an opinion, and could be wrong, but just ask your opinion!-

Hello Dennis,

Thanks very much for your complements, and glad you enjoyed seeing them Regarding the Panzerkampftage sheet; Personally I don't have any problems with it and I don't recall anyone else voicing any concerns about it when the group was discussed after it had sold earlier this year. All of the other documents/photos in the group are unquestionably original but I suppose someone could have faked the document. However, in my opinion it is original

Best,
                              Rob

Comment

K.I.A. Italy 1944 to New Zealand Anti-tank.

Look at post number 1390 and you will see the soldbuch of number 52 on the Ers. unit roster. The one I have posted the image of is number 55 on the same Ers. roster. How is that for a coincidence,

Chris
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by 90th Light; 07-08-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X