No announcement yet.

Lets see your Panzer crew member Soldbuchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christof and PzV very beautiful items ...thank you for your posts!

Roberto

Comment

Rob, I also have the Panther soldiers photos, dogtag, collar tabs and shoulder flaps as well as decorations and some of his Marine HJ photos (I have attached a photo of some of these items). No one in his family was interested in it and he gave it to me before it would be thrown away. I was just at the recent Pz Rgt 24 meeting last week in Nieder Moos and there were unfortunately very few former members there. One Panther soldier from Würzburg and a Pz IV Funker as well as a former Oberleutnant were there to name a few but it could be the last meeting.

Jeff, I still have a few more and then can go to Stug as I am running out of Panzer to show!
      Attached Files

Comment

Steady on with those 24 Pz.Div. ones Jim!!!! Very nice to see......as all are!

Here's one, unfortunately without Pz. photo however he served with interesting units....
        Attached Files
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Initially with 13 (Infanterie Geschütz) Kompanie of various Infantry Regiments, 1943 he trasferred to Panzer Abteilung 301 and 302, also time with Panzer Versorgungs und Ersatz Abteilung 300 (Funklenk), the Armoured Supply and Replacement Battalion for all radio controlled Tank units.

Both units were army troops and used in the east.

From August 1944 with überschweres (ss) MG-Bataillon 802 later Festungs Infanterie Fla Bataillon 802 an army troops unit in Saarpfalz (Landau).
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ian Jewison; 05-11-2009, 08:46 AM.

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Ian, very nice and Funklenk is very hard to come by!

Comment

Another unfortunately without Pz. uniform.....however nice shot with Krimshild and KVK ribbon.

As you can see from his dog tag he initially served with Pz.Rgt. 7.
              Last edited by Ian Jewison; 06-24-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Units include: Pz.Rgt. 7, Pz.Rgt. 204, Pz.Abt. 127 and Pz.Rgt. 24

Comment

Last edited by Rob Johnson; 05-11-2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Bears the entry to wear the golden yellow soutache as tradition for all members of Pz.Rgt. 24!

Also a piece of soutache!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
                      Bears the entry to wear the golden yellow soutache as tradition for all members of Pz.Rgt. 24!

Also a piece of soutache!
                      Wow,

Never seen such entry!Very nice Ian!

Comment

Went on to serve with Aufkl.Abt. (mot.) 400 in Italy and finally Pz.Abt. Stahnsdorf 1 an army troops unit then part of SS Brigade Dirlewanger.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
                          Wow,

Never seen such entry!Very nice Ian!
                          Perhaps it was not pointed out but Thomas (Redviper) and Jim (PzV) have posted the entry in this thread also.

/Ian

Comment

Originally posted by PzV View Post
                            Rob, I also have the Panther soldiers photos, dogtag, collar tabs and shoulder flaps as well as decorations and some of his Marine HJ photos (I have attached a photo of some of these items). No one in his family was interested in it and he gave it to me before it would be thrown away. I was just at the recent Pz Rgt 24 meeting last week in Nieder Moos and there were unfortunately very few former members there. One Panther soldier from Würzburg and a Pz IV Funker as well as a former Oberleutnant were there to name a few but it could be the last meeting.

Amazing... Thanks for the additional image of the rest of his effects and the story, Jim. From a "collector" standpoint I find it mind boggling that anyone would want to throw these items away, but from a personal and sentimental view the fact that families in Germany do not what to keep of their relative's effects from the war is so much more upsetting. I understand the general attitude towards the war and how these items are considered "evil" and reminders of bad times, but these items are part of their father's/uncles/grandfather's etc. military career and to think that people have absolutely no interest in these things is just sad. I guess maybe it's just an opinion from the "other side of the pond" as I cannot relate to having grown up in post-war Germany. Still, even if my Grandparents had served on another side, I still could never even comprehend throwing away anything of theirs which was passed down to me.

Yes, vets from all countries are dying off at an alarming rate. Soon there will be just a handful left With them they take so much undocumented history and first hand accounts of the war which, sadly, will be lost forever as they pass.

Rob

EDIT: sorry to split up your post like that Ian!

EDIT: Edit : No problem! Ian.
                            Last edited by Ian Jewison; 05-11-2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
                              Perhaps it was not pointed out but Thomas (Redviper) and Jim (PzV) have posted the entry in this thread also.

/Ian
                              That s true!I didnt realise that!
                              Post 447

Scans saved

Comment

and lastly his award page.....sorry for the gap but I had to take my son to the Doctors......he's ok though, an earache that went when he left school

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X