X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
    Issued by Stab Pz Rgt. 12 "HJ"
    Abteilungsstab der I. Abteilung

Signature from SS-Untersturmführer Heinz Schröder (Missing in Normandy)
    #756 Signature from SS-Hauptsturmführer Dietrich Minow (Killed in 1945)

Loved this Soldbuch and the information in it

Comment

Thanks Houwe, everybody likes that book. I never know who signs these Soldbücher. I should be more diligent.
      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
        Thanks Houwe, everybody likes that book. I never know who signs these Soldbücher. I should be more diligent.
        Jeff

"Likes?" Jeff- I think that would definitely qualify as the understatement of the century

Comment

Bringing this one back to the top

Comment

Might anyone have any SS Panzer-unit Soldbücher with portrait photos on the inside front cover showing the soldiers wearing black SS wraps they care to share with us?

Comment

A very nice SS-officer's Soldbuch (SS-Panzer Regiment 5 “Wiking”)
              was shown in Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum, look here: Click!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
                A very nice SS-officer's Soldbuch (SS-Panzer Regiment 5 “Wiking”)
                was shown in Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum, look here: Click!

Outstanding

Thanks for posting this here for us Papa "K"

Comment

I acquired this soldbuch to German Cross in gold recipient Oberleutnant Engelbert Badem. It has a wonderful soldbuch photo.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Some of his units
                    Attached Files

Comment

Patrick,

I obviously missed this one when you originally posted it. As I told you in the other thread, a wonderful Soldbuch! Thanks very much for sharing it an contributing to this thread

Rob

Comment

Well, it's been a while since I have been able to share some of my IDs and groupings here as I've been incredibly busy the last several months with little to no free time, however I hope to get a few posted over the next few weeks to share with you all and help keep this thread going

Here's one I was very happy to add to my collection recently, great little grouping to a Panzer II "Luchs" crew member by the name of Franz Daschner who served as a "Luchs" radio operator in 2./Pz.Aufkl.Abt.4 and was heavily wounded on 7.October 1944 by an enemy PaK hit to his Luchs which unfortunately left him completely blind.

Only 100 Panzer II Ausf.L "Luchs" were produced (another four were built using prototype vehicles) so naturally Soldbücher to Luchs crew memebers do not turn up very frequently!!! What makes this one all the more interesting however is that it came with a photo of Daschner in his "Luchs" (you can see him in the radio operator hatch in the photo). Also included was a large portrait photo of Daschner in his black Panzer wrap, his citation for the wound badge in gold as well as several medical documents pertaining to his injuries.

Daschner received the PAB in bronze on 20.Aug.1944, the gold wound badge on 18.Oct.1944 for the loss of his eye sight, and according to the accompanying medical documents he was also entitled to the EKII.

Here are some scans:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X