X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
    Wow Rob!
    This is a rare bird!
    To be honest i didnt even think such units existed but were jut made "on the field"
    Great!

Daniele

Daniele-

Yes, they do not turn up very often. I believe that E-J B. stated that he has seen 3 or 4 others... they are indeed very difficult units to find SB or WP to!

Glad you like it... I thought you'd appreciate the "Italian Connection"

Rob
    Last edited by Rob Johnson; 05-11-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

A fantastic one too Rob !!!

Comment

Rob, that is an amazing Soldbuch!

Comment

Great soldbuch Rob and beautiful photos!!!

Roberto

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
            and should also look a bit familiar to Mr. Jewison
            Yes it does.......the guy promised to sell it back to me......which of course he never did!

Very nice all the same.....seen two since!

/Ian
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Daniele-

Yes, they do not turn up very often. I believe that E-J B. stated that he has seen 3 or 4 others... they are indeed very difficult units to find SB or WP to!

Glad you like it... I thought you'd appreciate the "Italian Connection"

Rob
              Rob,

In facts i didnt see any of these before either,a really cool piece indeed my friend!
              I do appreciate always wheren there s italian connections even tho this one is not exactly close to my area(200KM away more or less)ù

Daniele

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
                I do appreciate always wheren there s italian connections even tho this one is not exactly close to my area(200KM away more or less)ù

Daniele
                Daniele-

Heh... That's like next door over here

Thanks for all the complements, guys! I had a feeling you'd appreciate this one.

Rob

Comment

Nice post on the Pantherturm. The Germans did this earlier in the war with Panzer II turrets after they converted the hulls to Marders.

With the Panther, they actually did it on the Eastern Front first in Heeresgruppe Nord when they were constructing a fortified line using 60 or 90 Panther turrets especially diverted for that purpose (not just from wrecked Panthers). Hitler had the fantasy that such a line would be a super defense line.

BTW, "Stahluntersartz" should be "Stahluntersatz" (meaning steel underbody) - I noticed you made that mistake twice so I'm not if it was a typo or not.

Comment

Mr. Clemens-

Yup, type-o on my part. I meant to type "Stahluntersatz" but spelled it wrong the first time and copied and pasted it the second time.

Thanks for catching that for me... but then, I would expect no less from you

Rob

Comment

Come on, guys... I know there are more out there

Does anyone have any Tiger unit Soldbücher they'd like to share??? How about any Jagdtiger crew Soldbücher?

Rob

Comment

Come on, guys... I know there are more out there

Does anyone have any Tiger unit Soldbücher they'd like to share??? How about any Jagdtiger crew Soldbücher?

Rob

I thnk we both know who "might" have some

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,
                          Well, not Tiger, but how about the little brother?
                          Panther!
                          Here is a soldier who was originally with the Austrian army and became part of Pz.Abt. 33, which became Pz.Rgt.33. The unit then formed the cadre for the first Panther batallion, Pz.Abt.51.
                          Notice the assignment as Panzer Kommandt and Panzer Fuhrer.
                          What is interesting is that I purchased the dogtag and soldbuch from separate sources in Germany!
                          Notice here the picture shows him as an Unteroffizier, although difficult to see in this small picture, the tress is indeed there.
                          Thank you,
                          Curtiss
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by nonameno; 05-14-2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

3. notice here that the original issuer forgot to date and stamp the page, and thus came back when the unit designation changed from Abteilung to Regiment in early 1940, despite that the soldbuch was issued in 1939.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by nonameno; 05-14-2009, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X