No announcement yet.

Lets see your Panzer crew member Soldbuchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From 29.07.1943 till 15.04.1945 he was in the 1./ SS-Panzer-Regiment 2 "Das Reich" and in the last weeks of the war he was in the SS-Artillerieschule II, Lehrgruppe C in Prague!

Comment

K4 Stalingrad Soldbuch

This is my Stalingrad Kradschützen-Abteilung 4 Soldbuch. He served in 1. Panzerspäh-Schwadron of:

Radfahr-Abteilung 1
      Kradschützen-Abteilung 4
      Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 4
      Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 24

He served through the entire war in the 1. Kavallerie-Division and the 24 Panzer Division. He fought and survived everyday of the entire Stalingrad campaign. He was not wounded or on leave during the battle so somehow he got managed to escape the encirclement.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by brooksbz; 11-05-2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Here is another one.:

This is a nice Panzer Soldbuch with a black wrapper photo of a NCO who fought as a crew member on the very first day of Operation Barbarossa - confirmed by the Kampftage sheet.

Soldbuch to Feldwebel Heinrich Rönn with five awards (PAB in silver, EKII, Eastern Front medal, wound badge and black and EK.I). Rönn served in either a Panzer.38(t) or Panzer II with the 7.Panzer-Division, then a StuG.III and finally Panzer IV with the 14.Panzer Division. 

Rönn’s Soldbuch was issued on 15.July 1940 through the 2./Pz.Ers.Abt.25. Rönn served first in the Stab of the II.Bn./Pz.Rgt25, 7.Panzer-Division with whom he took part in the invasion of the Soviet Union on 22.June 1941. What I find very special about this Soldbuch is that pasted-in between pages 16 and 17 is a Einsatztag sheet for Rönn’s Panzer combat days, and you can see that between 22.June 1941 and 18.April 1942 he took part in no less than 13 separate armored engagements, quite a lot of action for someone in a Bataillon HQ vehicle. Also, note that his PAB in silver is dated 30.June 1941; he must have seen a lot of tank combat in the first few days of Barbarossa! As the 7.Pz.Div was one of the divisions which was substituted the Panzer 38(t) in place of the Panzer III, subsequently the Stab of each Bataillon was equipped with both the Panzer II and 38(t) along with the Panzerbefehlswagen 38(t).  

In mid-1943, Rönn was transferred to Panzer-Regiment 36, 14.Panzer-Division. Rönn served first in the 12. and then 10.Komp./III.Bn of Pz.Rgt.36 which, as a expanded III Bataillon of the standard Panzer Regiment, was equipped with Sturmgeschütz III due to the shortage of actual “tanks” to fill these expansion Bataillons. In the spring of 1944, Rönn was transferred to the II.Bn./Pz.Rgt.36 which was equipped with Panzer IV’s, and was wounded in December of the same year, fighting in the Kurland. The wound must have been quite severe, as it ended Rönn’s combat career and he spent the remainder of the war in hospital.

Although the the hospital pages have been replaced during the war, it is a very nice ID. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting soldbuch you have! I have a soldbuch of a guy from the same unit (Pz Rgt 36), who survived the Stalingrad fights with the II abteilung. He was in the Courland pocket too, but in the werkstatt kompanie.
          Maybe they met there??

Greg.

Comment

I just got this Soldbuch to a soldier from schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 654.
            I haven't researched this Soldbuch yet, but it looks like he was with this unit the whole time from 1943 to 1945.
            This unit was first equipt with Ferdinand panzers, based on the Tiger chassis. In 1944 the unit was equipt with Jagdpanthers, based on the Panther chassis. They fought in Normandy.

The soldier was awarded the Sturmabzeichen, Verwundetenabzeichen Schwarz and EK II klasse. The only downside is the removed picture!
            Also of note, page 3/4 has been flipped over. The Soldbuch is complete.
            Attached Files
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Whaow ! Very intresting Sb. But are you sure that 1./s. Pz Jg. Abt. 654 was also in Normandie ? If I don't mistake me, all the batteries were not here. Nice piece anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Luft 76 View Post
                Whaow ! Very intresting Sb. But are you sure that 1./s. Pz Jg. Abt. 654 was also in Normandie ? If I don't mistake me, all the batteries were not here. Nice piece anyway.
                Thanks!
                He was with 3. Kompanie all the time.
                According to Lexikon d.W. this Kompanie was in Normandy.
                I see that there are a few books on the unit, any idea which one is good?
                Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Rick
                  For a book on the pzr Jag 654,I would thoroughly recommend "The Combat History of Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung 654 " by Karlheinz Munch.
                  A bit pricey I know,but worth it.
                  Regards
                  Ricky

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                    He was with 3. Kompanie all the time.
                    According to Lexikon d.W. this Kompanie was in Normandy.
                    I see that there are a few books on the unit, any idea which one is good?
                    Good knew ! In fact, I didn't saw the exact number on p. 4 and there is the entry of 1. on p. 22, if I read correctly.
                    Yes, it's true, 3. and at least parts (probably all in fact) of 2. Battr. were in Normandie.
                    Nice Sb. of a famous unit !

Comment

Interesting Soldbuch Rick, thanks for showing!

Comment

Originally posted by rickyj View Post
                        Rick
                        For a book on the pzr Jag 654,I would thoroughly recommend "The Combat History of Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung 654 " by Karlheinz Munch.
                        A bit pricey I know,but worth it.
                        Regards
                        Ricky
                        I will look into the book.
                        Its a small chance, but i hope to find a photo with this soldier on it

Originally posted by Luft 76 View Post
                        Good knew ! In fact, I didn't saw the exact number on p. 4 and there is the entry of 1. on p. 22, if I read correctly.
                        Yes, it's true, 3. and at least parts (probably all in fact) of 2. Battr. were in Normandie.
                        Nice Sb. of a famous unit !
                        I think its s. instead of 1. on page 22.
                        Its a shame that there is no sturmtage list in the Soldbuch, would have been very cool

Originally posted by mtdr View Post
                        Interesting Soldbuch Rick, thanks for showing!
                        Thanks

Comment

Rick, I recently also picked up a Soldbuch of the 3./Panzerjäger-Abteilung 654, but he left the unit before it was turned into a Schwere Panzerjager-Abteilung. This guy moved to the rare Panzerjäger-Abteilung 657 and fought with some French tanks in the Saint-Lô battles in Normandy in 1944.

Aram
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mtdr View Post
                            Rick, I recently also picked up a Soldbuch of the 3./Panzerjäger-Abteilung 654, but he left the unit before it was turned into a Schwere Panzerjager-Abteilung. This guy moved to the rare Panzerjäger-Abteilung 657 and fought with some French tanks in the Saint-Lô battles in Normandy in 1944.

Aram
                            Nice

Comment

I'm not very active here on the forum but this is one of mine

Panzer Oberschützen Hans Haap. Fought in France (Lorraine) with 2. Kompanie/Panzer-Abteilung-2112, of the Panzer-Brigade-112 in september 1944.
                              He later died only 19 years old in hospital, in 1945, after being seriously wounded serving on Stugs with Panzerjäger-Abteilung “Brandenburg” in Poland.
                              Attached Files

Comment

this is my last in. just posted yesterday for comments. crewman of the Pz.Rgt. 21 with PAB25 (at least 30 assaults)

here's the link to take a look on the whole group http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=975497
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X